What's best Synching Notepad App?

• Replies:16
Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 6, 2010, 7:13:51 PM via App

Hi all,
So I have about 5-6 notepad apps on my phone & I've been evaluating them for awhile. I've realized that unless I can view/edit/synch/save them equally AND easily between my phone and an internet connected PC they do not hold much value for me. The key here is being easy. One or two mouse-clicks and I'd lile to be on my notes list. I've yet to really find an app that is bringing it all together.

So do you have a notepasd app that is easy to use and accomplishing this? What is it and why do you like it so much.
Thanks for your time and be safe out there.
Phil

Phil

Aug 10, 2010, 4:20:20 PM via Website

Hi Doug,

AK Notepad is actually one of the first programs I loaded. However, I do not know of any live-synching this program does. I remember being able to backup the notes to the SD card but not online synching. Do I have this wrong?

Cheers,
Phil

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 11, 2010, 2:26:14 AM via Website

3banana Notes:

"10 Apps All New Android Users Should Check Out" - TechCrunch

* sync notes to snaptic.com
* sign-in with Google account
* attach photos
* organize with hashtags
* set reminders
* share via email, Facebook, Twitter or QRCode
* widget
* passcode lock
* NEW! background syncing options

Market Link

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 11, 2010, 10:51:05 AM via Website

I use 3banana, but I don't sync with it, so I didn't think to recommend. 3banana is pretty cool, as it allows me to attach images and stuff to a note.

darryl r barton
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 10:36:48 PM via App

note everything is great, the best

steveorg
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 9:55:46 AM via App

Evernote or Springpad. Instant synching and so much more than a mere notepad.

Iain Barclay
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 21, 2010, 11:26:06 PM via Website

I use Evernote for exactly that. I keep it safe if I lose my phone it is all up there in Evernote.

Check out their site and listen/watch the demos and case studies. Very impressive for free.

Also has a paid version which gives you a very generous space and upload capacity.

I have found it to be totally reliable and have been using it for the last 3 months.

This is really worth a look, so please go to the site and try them out.

Before anyone asks I am not connected to them in anyway except as a user who has had his life put in order using this free product and service.

I am using it on the HTC Desire with Froyo

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1,479

Sep 21, 2010, 11:40:36 PM via Website

Evernote seems to be just the right App for you.
Evernote provides an app for your mobile phone and a program for the PC. The App can be synchronized with the desktop app via an online service.
On the PC, you can manage and edit your notes, etc. There are now well on the way plugins on the PC in a browser the ability to automatically create notes. Either the URL of a homepage, a selected text and much more.

http://www.evernote.com/

— modified on Sep 21, 2010, 11:40:47 PM

User Nr. 2618

Phil

Sep 30, 2010, 6:16:33 AM via App

Hi all,
Thanks for all the words.
As an update I have moved to 100% use of the program 'GTasks'. This programs syncs instantanously with Google Tasks. As I have three email accounts all forwarding to Gmail, and the sync is seemless, and I do not have to open another webpage, this program is just what I was after.
Cheers,
Phil

justJay

Sep 30, 2010, 7:11:18 AM via App

I too have switched to gTasks.. mainly used the web version of Google tasks with a shortcut icon on home screen until I came across Android Agenda Widget while looking for a scrollable calendar widget.

As I was looking through the settings I noticed it had the ability to include Google tasks by way of "gtasks"..

so for those that already are using gtasks you might want to get the Android Agenda Widget to keep all your calendars and tasks seamlessly together. :-)

— modified on Sep 30, 2010, 7:13:58 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 30, 2010, 10:00:40 AM via Website

Gtasks, huh? Is it an official Google app and does it have all the other same functions that are in 3banana and Evernote? I would assume so, since it is from Google, but I don't know.

justJay

Sep 30, 2010, 1:57:44 PM via App

The gtask app is not by Google.. but its sole purpose In life is to be a Google tasks app Basically.. and does it very well. It lacks some of the features you find un the other apps mentioned above like the abilities to lock the app with a password... but then again most of the task I need to get done are not a matter of National Security.

Phil

Sep 30, 2010, 9:36:49 PM via Website

and Google Tasks in GMail doesn't exactly roll off like butter either. IMHO, GTasks is better integrated into Google Tasks then Google Tasks is into GMail. GTasks is not Google as I know it too.
Phil

— modified on Sep 30, 2010, 9:37:15 PM

tangyan
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 17, 2010, 3:51:51 AM via Website

[content edited/removed by moderator]

— modified on Nov 17, 2010, 11:38:10 AM by moderator