overheating

• Replies:8
khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Aug 17, 2010, 2:39:26 PM via App

hello,

would like to ask, is it common for milestone to turn extraordinarily warm when i play game/talking on the phone/charging?? it scares me... feels like it is going to burn

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 17, 2010, 3:46:16 PM via Website

I'll ask a friend of mine who owns a Droid, but perhaps others can chime in. I do know that some individuals with Nexus Ones and HTC Desires have reported heat problems with their phone, but I have yet to hear it about a Droid. How long has this been going on for?

khairo

Aug 17, 2010, 4:23:06 PM via App

when charging and talking on the phone, it has been since few days upon using the phone. when playing games, it happened just now! i was playing a game when suddenly i felt that the phone was gradually getting hotter... should i send it for repairs...?

Erik D.
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 17, 2010, 6:27:19 PM via Website

I must admit that I don't play a lot of games, but when I do I generally don't notice it. However, when I charge my phone, especially from 0% battery, I notice it gets very hot. I usually keep my droid on a futon next to my bed (not the best bed stand but it works) when I'm sleeping which is when I charge it and I always make sure to keep the battery facing up when it was dead or close to dead otherwise it gets super hot. I hope that helps, I'd wait for other responses for the gaming aspect as that seems to be the area where it happens most.

— modified on Aug 17, 2010, 6:28:38 PM

Jrod W
  • Forum posts: 43

Aug 17, 2010, 9:59:46 PM via App

oops.

— modified on Aug 17, 2010, 10:41:29 PM

Jrod W
  • Forum posts: 43

Aug 17, 2010, 10:35:28 PM via App

I rarely charge and talk at the same time, but I do play games or use other apps such as Pandora radio as I charge. I've had my Droid since launch and haven't even felt it get warm. How hot are we talking about? And do you have a cover or case?

khairo

Aug 18, 2010, 10:54:04 AM via App

i donot use casing as its hard to find milestone's casing in SG..
i did not talk while charging. talking on the phone it self, without charger nor earpiece... its warm.. uncomfortabaly warm...!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 18, 2010, 11:57:26 AM via Website

I think the answer to your question is that while charging and while gaming, it can get warm. As for it being warm while you are talking, that shouldn't really happen, unless it was warm beforehand. An example being that you place a call right after playing a game for a long time, or after charging for a long time. If it is uncomfortably warm to you, send it in/take it in for repairs.

Is the battery case bulging? If so, stop using your phone (aka turn it off and take out the battery once it is cooled down) and send it in for repairs immediately.

khairo

Aug 18, 2010, 1:04:36 PM via App

thnx fr the responses guys...!
i will send it to repair soon... *sigh*