Greedy Pirates: Shake to power your cannon!

• Replies:6
Trevor Boyle
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 17, 2010, 9:04:11 PM via Website

I have recently put my first Android game, "Greedy Pirates", onto the Android market.

In the game you need to control a pirate cannon by shaking the phone for power and tilting it to control the angle in order to shoot your cannon ball as far as possible.

I would appreciate your feedback and comments, and if you like the game, I would be grateful if you could score it on the Android Market place :-)

http://greedypirates.trevorboyle.com/

Thank you,
Trevor

Jrod W
  • Forum posts: 43

Aug 17, 2010, 11:29:12 PM via App

fun game! hard to believe it's your first. I gave it 5 stars and I'll be keeping an eye out for more from you.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 18, 2010, 11:45:54 AM via Website

It is an interesting game. My best score after 5 games is 2697. The sand really slows down the cannon ball. Have you thought about adding in some pirates to the cannon launching scene? Also, the loading time between pressing "play again" and the beginning of the next shot is fairly long. My phone shouldn't really have a problem with it, but for some reason, it take a second or two for the next shot to load up. Also, is there a trick to pressing the button after shaking? I often press the button just after shaking, or while shaking, and the cannonball won't shoot until the shot's strength has been diminished by several bars.

Trevor Boyle

Aug 23, 2010, 11:26:28 PM via Website

Thanks Jrod!

My first Android game and my first Java application (for that past 10 years since Uni at least).

I usually build (Adobe) Flash websites, but I am always keen to explore new technologies.

Thanks again.

Trevor Boyle

Aug 23, 2010, 11:32:10 PM via Website

Thank Douglas, probably the best feedback I have received so far.

It's always good to get a new pair of eyes over your work.

I noticed the same things you are seeing sometime ago, but I grew used to them and forgot to do anything about them. The power diminishing should be resolved in the next release (in a couple of days) along with a few other minor amends.

The delay after 'play again' may take me a little longer. I suspect I am, unnecessarily, resetting and reloading all the textures which is causing the delay.

Thanks again for your feedback!

T

LZ77
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 20, 2014, 4:14:30 AM via Website

Wow, simple but quite interesting and original game!