Widgets

• Replies:4
Nikko
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 2:48:19 PM via App

I have a Motorola Droid 1 and have been wanting to start using some good, fun, productive, Widgets but don't see any that I really like or are worthwhile. any suggestions?

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Aug 22, 2010, 5:13:25 PM via App

hmmm,
i love a widget called ' multicon '
it allows me to put 4 apps in the space of one normal icon... so it saves space and make my phone look neater.. the best part is that its free... :-)
hope u like it yah

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 23, 2010, 12:48:08 PM via Website

The productiveness/usefullness of a widget depends on what you want to/need to do with your phone. It helps to know what kind of things you want to do with your phone ahead of time, or at least do a little searching and find some apps that look interesting.

I have widgets such as 3banana notes, power control, Google Search, picture frame, APNdroid, and Retro Clock / Retro Date. There are likely plenty of widgets out there that you would find useful. One way to add them is to go to a home screen, long press on an empty part of your homescreen, select Android widgets (maybe just "widgets"), and try a few if the available ones from the list.

— modified on Aug 23, 2010, 12:48:35 PM

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 24, 2010, 4:49:02 AM via App

First: start off by looking at the widgets that you already have on your phone. Chances are if you have a fair share of apps installed.. you also have a fair share of widgets to choose from already on your phone.

For example: if you use either Facebook or MySpace.. they both have widgets.. also many Sports apps have a widget to inform you of scores. I use the Music Player's, Slacker Radio and Pandora widgets for all my Audio listening needs.

For those of you that have a HTC Android phone you will also have Extra Widgets provided by HTC like: Bookmarks, Email, Calendar, and others to make life easier.

And one last tip: just search the Android Market for "Widget" to find a boat-load more to choose from.

The best thing about widgets on your Android phone.. is it something that you can use to show iPhone users that your phone is BETTER! LOL :)

— modified on Aug 25, 2010, 5:37:00 AM

Teqnick
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 24, 2010, 3:16:19 PM via App

Nikko
I have a Motorola Droid 1 and have been wanting to start using some good, fun, productive, Widgets but don't see any that I really like or are worthwhile. any suggestions?

tweetcaster, myspace, last.fm and youtube have great widgets included with the apps.