Everyone now at 2.2!

• Replies:4
justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 24, 2010, 4:27:30 AM via App

Everyone I know... 6 in all... that have the Motorola Droid had a lot of problems with the 2.2 upgrade. Personal ringtones changed to something else on their own, Helix Launcher no longer worked, contacts duplicating (one person contacts had 4 of every contact), etc. Anyone else suffer any of these problems or other issues?

— modified on Aug 24, 2010, 4:28:16 AM

Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 24, 2010, 4:54:06 AM via App

My biggest problem with upgrade to 2.2 on droid has been lag from closing apps to my home screen being accessible, at first it would take a good 30+ secs before home screen would show up & be accessible. After tweaking some settings for home launcher only occasionally lags.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 24, 2010, 11:50:30 AM via Website

justJay
Everyone I know... 6 in all... that have the Motorola Droid had a lot of problems with the 2.2 upgrade. Personal ringtones changed to something else on their own, Helix Launcher no longer worked, contacts duplicating (one person contacts had 4 of every contact), etc. Anyone else suffer any of these problems or other issues?

well, I know that I had several copies of contacts originally in my contacts list, but then I told it to only collect the contacts from the single biggest source, and then there was only one copy. I go to contacts, menu, display options, and then check each source that I want contacts from. Works for me...

Randy Merrell
  • Forum posts: 58

Aug 26, 2010, 10:15:45 AM via Website

Wow I feel lucky that mine hasn't had these problems. I have had small amounts of lag, but I can't say it's worse than with 2.1. I think there are additional factors to take into consideration. For one thing I'm guessing many people who installed 2.2 themselves also are rooted. My phone is not rooted. How many and what apps probably factor in also. I've noticed a small performance improvement after deleting some unused apps and moving some to the SD card.