Help me pleeese

• Replies:9
Dom Kirbs
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 9:20:31 PM via Website

Hi

I am struggling to find any decent apps for my X10 mini and all roads lead to Android Market ?
When I use QR codes the apps dont seem available on the market ? is that because they are not compatable ?
Is there another way of getting them ?
Also anybody have any knews of the ilusive update ?

Thanks

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Aug 26, 2010, 9:35:39 PM via Website

There are two problems you have to manage.

First the required Andorid-version that you can find here in the app-sector on the right side of the screen. If the app needs Android 2.x you don't find it in the market.

Second: Your X 10 mini has a smaller screen-resolution. Most of the apps are not compatible with that. You can try alternative markets like the [app]App Center[/app] here from AndroidPIT. But I think the apps wouldn't work with your mobile.

But perhaps there are alternative apps for your apps that you are looking for. Say us, what kind of apps you want. Perhaps we can help you with alternative apps.

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 27, 2010, 11:12:59 AM via Website

In regards to the app problems, Frank is right that Android 1.6 and your small screen size are likely the main reason you are having trouble finding the apps you want.

As for the update, the last date I saw Sony Ericsson announce for the Android 2.1 update was late Q3, but that was for the Xperia X10, and I don't remember if the X10 Mini/Mini Pro were included in that date.

Bill Ray

Nov 9, 2010, 9:29:44 AM via Website

X10 mini - how can I test my Apps on it? (cannot afford to buy one)

I have the right App version but Apps still do not appear for Sony Ericsson mini X10

ANy tips on how to make Apps work on an X10?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 9, 2010, 2:37:51 PM via Website

Are you an app developer? If so, your problem likely stems from having your app not designed to be displayed on the small screen (320 x 240 pixels). Do you use the Android emulator (Android mobile device emulator) to check and see if it will work on the right screen size? Check out this link to get started.

If you are not a developer, then restate your problem/question as I don't understand.

leyla t.

Apr 13, 2011, 3:00:05 PM via Website

Hallo everyone
I got xperia x10.... im trying to transfer my data from pc to sd card via usb cable, when i open sd card in pc , everything is fine but when i disconected the cable and i open sd in phone ...there is nothind, zero,absolutly nothing but info NOT SUPPORTED FILES, but when i sent exactly same files via bluetooth everything is ok.What is the reason? Begginer :)

Lexie Hu
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 28, 2012, 7:38:48 AM via Website

safely remove hardware? :*)

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 5:11:16 PM via Website

Umm..huh? :blink:

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 30, 2012, 10:37:02 AM via Website

Application problem, Frank is right, I agree, talk in great detail :rolleyes: