Workout Buddy

• Replies:7
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 31, 2010, 10:19:01 AM via Website

Workout Buddy keeps track of your weightlifting and cardio workouts so you don't have to remember what settings or weights you used the last time.

It is meant to be clean and simple so you are spending more time working out instead of fiddling with a complicated app.

This was my first android app into the market, it has been out for about a month now. I used to use a piece of paper that the gym gives you to keep track of my workout but it was so big, bulky and annoying so I decided to create this app. Hope someone finds it useful like I do.

http://wonton-games.blogspot.com/

— modified on Sep 8, 2010, 4:35:57 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 31, 2010, 1:54:31 PM via Website

The app seems to do its job, and allows users to input their own workouts. It is simple, but as you said, it should be complicated, so it accomplishes its goal. Maybe add a heart rate section so you can graph the change over time.

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 1:54:42 PM

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 31, 2010, 4:25:21 PM via Website

Just what I needed... This is one of the simplest Workout tools I've seen on the market which is a good thing in my book.

I've been looking for an app just like this; basicly a note pad program where i enter what I want to track and it tracks it.

I like the two main tabs "Weights" & "Cardio" because that's what it boils down to for me when I workout.

It's nice to be able to track just what I want to track! Great Job!

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 6:10:03 AM

Deactivated Account

Aug 31, 2010, 7:50:11 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
The app seems to do its job, and allows users to input their own workouts. It is simple, but as you said, it should be complicated, so it accomplishes its goal. Maybe add a heart rate section so you can graph the change over time.

The heart rate suggestion is actually a really good idea! I do measure my heart rate everytime I go to the gym so tracking it would be a great idea!

Thanks again Douglas!

Deactivated Account

Aug 31, 2010, 7:53:15 PM via Website

justJay
Just what I needed... This is one of the simplest Workout tools I've seen on the market which is a good thing in my book.

I've been looking for an app just like this; basicly a note pad program where i enter what I want to track and it tracks it.

I like the two main tabs "Weights" & "Cardio" because that's what it boils down to for me when I workout.

It's nice to be able to track just what I want to track! Great Job!

Finally someone who gets it! =P

I was very disappointed with all the negative comments on the Android Market about this app saying it was too simple or just a notepad because that is what I intended. I wanted something you could easily input your values and easily check again.

Anywho, I'm glad you found this app helpful!

Thanks for the comment justJay!

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 8:37:58 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 1, 2010, 7:01:17 AM via Website

I also thought about suggesting something besides the black background, but then I realized that with the phone I use, a black background screen is more power efficient, as it uses less power to display black. Simplicity can be so much better.

Deactivated Account

Sep 8, 2010, 4:35:12 AM via Website

I updated it to include a tab to track blood pressure!