Screenshot app?

• Replies:5
Jim Walker
  • Forum posts: 34

Sep 4, 2010, 5:44:26 PM via App

Does anyone know of a screenshot app for android,I've looked for one but only see them for rooted phones.

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Sep 4, 2010, 8:48:49 PM via App

you are right. All Screenshot - apps need root access.

Without root you can use the ANDROID-SDK (developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) for this .

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Jim Walker

Sep 10, 2010, 6:15:59 PM via App

So really the only way to get an android screenshot app is to write one.
Its beyond me, anyone willing and able to give it a go?
I'm sure such an app would have many willing buyers, me for one.

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Sep 10, 2010, 7:22:04 PM via Website

Well, what I know about Android, it's not the problem that nobody wants to create a screenshot-app. It is the permission to the part of the system that Android doesn't allow without root. With root there are some apps.

I searched the German forum and found many posts about this theme. But always the same answer: With an app it's not possible without root. Sorry!

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Jim Walker

Sep 11, 2010, 11:10:12 AM via App

Yes it does look that way,
Thanks for the info.
Android phones are so capable that it's a suprise to find something they cannot do.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 13, 2010, 12:48:05 PM via Website

I read somewhere that it is possible to do it without root, but you have to have your phone plugged into your computer, and have to do some specific things (possibly using a special program) in some specific folders that I can't remember off-hand.

— modified on Sep 13, 2010, 12:48:35 PM