turning off androidpit updates?

• Replies:18
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 15, 2010, 11:19:11 PM via App

Is there a way to turn off the androidpit update notification? Its asking me to update androidpit sometimes multiple times a day and it wont let me update any other apps through androidpit. It keeps saying its not available through androidpit yet. Both issues are annoying as im sure daily and/or multiple times daily androidpit updates arent beneficial or necessary. It would be nice to update apps not downloaded through the android market but as of yet that doesn't seem possible. I don't want to turn off my main market update notification just the androidpit notification.

Michael B
  • Forum posts: 24

Sep 16, 2010, 1:53:50 AM via App

I want to do the same thing. it's making me want to uninstall androidpit.

Casey Beth

Sep 16, 2010, 2:42:52 AM via App

exactly its probly asked me to update androidpit 30 times today. wtf!?

— modified on Sep 16, 2010, 6:18:35 AM

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Sep 16, 2010, 7:49:28 AM via Website

Actually it's not possible to turn of the notification. But it is on the to-do list. I'm sure it will come with one of the next updates.

Which version of the App-Center do you use. Since 1.01 or 1.02 it is possible to see the market updates with the App-Center but no notification for that updates.

If you can't update your App-Center you can download it here from AndroidPIT, put it on your SD-card and install manually. That should be work. There was an issue, that nobody are able to download the 1.03. But it's fixed.

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Casey Beth

Sep 16, 2010, 6:18:19 PM via App

yes but always asking to update android pit. its a different notification icon that's been there 100 times....id hate to uninstall this but I may have to. it doesn't matter how many rimes I update it its popped back up way too many times!! it also shows a list of other apps that need to be updated but wont allow the updates except for androidpit!! I have version 1.0.4

— modified on Sep 16, 2010, 6:27:06 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 17, 2010, 10:39:53 AM via Website

That is strange, because I don't remember having those problems when I had the app. I'm not going to tell you to keep dealing with the app when it frustrates you. If you want to uninstall it, uninstall it before you get so fed-up that you don't want to use it once the problem gets fixed -_-. I'll post up here once the problem has been resolved, so that you can try it again. The regular AndroidPIT app should still be available on the market as well.

Casey Beth

Sep 17, 2010, 10:33:56 PM via App

bummer

Casey Beth

Sep 20, 2010, 9:49:22 AM via App

thats a good idea. so Jay I'm ready to upgrade to a new phone soon and want to wait for the next round of Phones I'm guessing will pop out in the next few months. I want to stay with HTC am with Verizon and really want something similar to the sprint's evo. any word on when Verizon might get their next batch after the incredible? I really like the large screen and HDMI output on the Droid x but again wish to stay with HTC. frustrating that our 9 month old eis's seem to be being quickly forgotten by Verizon!?

— modified on Sep 20, 2010, 9:50:31 AM

Douglas Carter

Sep 20, 2010, 1:42:23 PM via Website

There is rumors that the HTC Desire HD is heading to the States soon, which is basically a more powerful version of the HTC Evo 4G, but without 4G. The problem with Verizon is that their phones use a radio band that is different from most other wireless carriers, which means that it is harder to find a phone which will work on Verizon.

— modified on Sep 20, 2010, 2:03:12 PM

Michael B

Sep 20, 2010, 1:57:46 PM via App

ap keeps telling me my apps have updates available in the market. I open the market app and check for updates but there are none.

I like ap but this is annoying.

I don't see an 'about' menu, so I can't tell you which version I have.

Douglas Carter

Sep 20, 2010, 2:26:36 PM via Website

I just talked with the lead developer of the app, and a solution to the problem is being formulated, and once a fix is available, we will let you guys know.

Michael B

Sep 20, 2010, 3:46:23 PM via App

cool.

love the app by the way. and I appreciate how responsive you are to this forum.

Casey Beth

Sep 21, 2010, 1:49:00 AM via App

when do u think that will happen?

Bob S.
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 7:46:01 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
I just talked with the lead developer of the app, and a solution to the problem is being formulated, and once a fix is available, we will let you guys know.
Is there any update to this problem? It is now over 2 years since first reported. Just to re-iterate - I have recently installed the latest version of the Androidpit app and I am constantly getting notifications of updates available for my apps. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7 p6810. Additionally, when I select to update and get taken to the Play store, I find that my apps are already up-to-date.

At the least, I need to turn off notifications, otherwise I will have to uninstall the app.

Patricia Hall
  • Forum posts: 41

Sep 4, 2012, 12:15:57 PM via Website

I have never face to any update type of problem in our industry. By the way nice info…