I love my Droid x but hate the battery life

• Replies:4
Paul W Davis Sr
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 25, 2010, 11:03:28 PM via Website

Well as for the motorola Droid x with its 4.3 inch touchscreen the phone is awesome although only blockbuster has gotten in on the movie action part, hoping for netflix to get on board as i am already one of there members and Netflix trumps blockbuster in customer service. This is my first droid so I am still learning everything, So far added Astro paid (highly recomended file app but be cautious as you can delete operating system files. and the paid version of droid antivirus, which right now seems to be the best out there I can get at this time. any one want to say hey i go by paul or souls which is my gaming nickname. (yes 45 yrs old and still gaming away) wish so much I had learned software, I am a master with hardware but alas, though i grew up with the beginning of software and even wrote some early programs good ol family steered me away saying those computers are never gonna make it to households (little did she know) now i can just about service any hardware issues you may have in a computer and sometimes even phones. but when it comes to software at best i rank in the d category. yea just above failing. I want to learn but being disabled, I need more personal attention than i can afford to learn and my age certainly doesn't help. But a hi to everyone, i'm new to the forums and hope to learn more.
Sincerely,
Paul D Sr (souls)

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 26, 2010, 3:27:33 AM via Website

Hiya Souls, welcome to the forum. Your never too old to learn, you may have to spend alot of time reading/studing, but android programming is alot of fun. If you'd like to learn android programming, here are a few links that might help:

http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html - official android development site (you can also get the sdk here).

http://www.anddev.org/index.php - this is a really good forums for android programming problems and questions and tutorials.

http://www.xda-developers.com/ - another good site for android developing.

I would also just try a google search for android tutorials, there lots out there. And you may want to get a book on java programming (java is the language used for android).

Paul W Davis Sr

Sep 27, 2010, 6:17:25 AM via Website

Thanks for the return post jeremiah ill ck out the sites.
Paul

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 27, 2010, 1:15:27 PM via Website

I have heard from some people that they got so frustrated with their bad battery life that they bought extended life batteries. The important thing to remember with the bigger capacity batteries is that the increased mAh capacity batteries often do not live up to their promises, and can often have even worse performance than the batteries that came with the phone.

What kind of games do you play, and what platform do you use? I'm assuming PC since you keep referring to computers. I play RTS and FPS games, with the occasional RPG thrown in.

Paul W Davis Sr

Sep 29, 2010, 10:14:03 PM via Website

Douglas, man do you have that one right, to date every and i mean every unless its a factory, fail to show any improvement and some excell at much worse than the one you had in it. So its always a factory squeeze your cheeks buy that you know will work . Ain't that a bizzatch too they get you either way.
Paul