How to make My Samsung Galaxy S read Arabic TXT messages?

• Replies:19
Ibby K
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 26, 2010, 1:25:18 AM via Website

How to make My Samsung Galaxy S read Arabic txt messages?

Please if anyone can know a weel trusted and tested application which can tell me how to make my Samsung Galaxy S read Arabic TXT messages?

Thank you all.

Cheers
Ibby

rique hichmohamed hassimahmed

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 26, 2010, 3:18:51 AM via Website

Is the problem that the messages don't come through right? Or you just can't read Arabic? If there was some way to copy and paste between apps, you could copy the text message and paste it into google translate in your browser. Anyone know of a way to copy and paste between apps on android?

Ibby K

Sep 27, 2010, 7:49:42 AM via Website

Thanks Jeremiah for your reply!

The problem that the messages doesn't come through right? Squares kind of things!

i was hoping to be directed to an application to add to achieve this!

Samsung does Middleastern virgin of the Galaxy, hence I am trying to find such a thing on their website, withno luck!

Cheers
Ibby

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 28, 2010, 12:42:39 AM via App

t
Douglas Carter
Did either of justJay's suggestions work?
I would try the apps Jay suggested!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 28, 2010, 1:10:00 PM via Website

Even if these fixes don't work, once Android 2.2 hits your Galaxy S in a few weeks, your phone will have Arabic support available: http://www.talkandroid.com/15546-arabic-support-for-froyo-now-available/

ahmed
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 12, 2010, 3:58:04 PM via Website

Hi Douglas Carter,

The link you've posted contains a link to anohter page (http://ardoid.com/?page_id=5) this page contains some links for some mobile phones (e.g. Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, ..)

My problem is: I cant find the suitable software for my phone :( I have Samsung Galaxy i9000

Many thanks for the help..

ahmed
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 12, 2010, 4:04:00 PM via Website

Hi Douglas Carter,

The link you've posted contains a link to anohter page (http://ardoid.com/?page_id=5) this page contains some links for some mobile phones (e.g. Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, ..)

My problem is: I cant find the suitable software for my phone :( I have Samsung Galaxy i9000

Many thanks for the help..

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Oct 13, 2010, 3:31:44 AM via App

I believe that in certain regions google does not allow market to be used.
This is dependent on where the device is purchased.

Android Market was removed per requirements of Google in the individual Arabic regions such as UAE, Egypt, Oman and Saudi Arabia.

If you have a phone without this app it likely came from one of these regions.

There's an alternative app store I've used called SlideMe.. must download from http://SlideME.org/sam2.apk ..you can find the main website at http://slideme.org .. once installed.. it will show you all apps in market regardless of your phone's model. It will also tell you if the App is compatible with your phone as well. Make sure to in-able: "allow install of non-market applications" in "Settings" under "Applications". Note: it works a little different then the Android market (it doesn't auto-install after downloading).. click on an app to download.. then once downloaded.. slide down the top task-bar on your phone.. then click on downloaded app to choose to install.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 13, 2010, 11:29:36 AM via Website

The page I linked to has links to Arabic support for phones running Android 2.2. Your phone is likely still running Android 2.1. Once Android 2.2 is installed on your phone, you should go back to that page and give it another try.

Zero Mustá
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 1:48:50 PM via App

your problem is that your rom isnt supported for arabic language i guess

The Snake

Aug 26, 2011, 8:17:48 PM via Website

Hi,

Check out this web site www.samfirmware.com and you'll find EVERYTHING regarding software upgrade to any Samsung mobile..

Let me know please if this helps.. :)

Yahya Al Ethawi

Nov 14, 2011, 4:13:02 AM via Website

Hi there
It is easy, it work with me
1. Download multiling Keyboard from android
2. Open Multiling Keyboard
Now
1. Enable multiling
2. Switch IME to Multiling
3. download MyScript plug In
4. Enable languages from drop list
5. Keyboard setting
6. Restart your mobile if language did not appear
7. Choose the language by continuous pressing on the spacebar
Regards

jacksonwalt

Dec 21, 2011, 4:55:38 PM via Website

You can download applications for Samsung galaxy S2 to read Arabic text.

— modified on Dec 21, 2011, 4:56:15 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 1, 2012, 4:35:30 PM via Website

it seems good app

Ayman Abdel-Hameed

Jul 16, 2014, 3:56:22 PM via Website

Have you carefully searched the play store?
There is an app that reads Arabic SMS in devices that don't support Arabic.

Application Name: Arabic Text Reader

It doesn't require root access. Also, it works weather you see separated Arabic characters or even squares.
It enables you to read twitter and facebook feeds in Arabic too if you used its facebook/twitter clients

— modified on Jul 16, 2014, 3:57:02 PM