photo screen

• Replies:9
Claret
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 28, 2010, 2:24:31 AM via App

Is there a way/app to place a picture on one of the screens of my Incredible-not an icon, but the full screen photo.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 28, 2010, 6:16:03 AM via Website

You should be able to set a background image for your homescreen. Are you asking if you can set a different image for each home screen? I'm not sure if that is possible. My phone has a widget called a gallery, which you can place on any homescreen and it shows photos. It doesn't fill the screen completely, but I'd say its about 80-90% of the screen. Try searching in the market for gallery widget apps, if you phone didn't come with one.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Sep 28, 2010, 6:44:39 AM via App

Your Incredible is a HTC Sense UI based phone like my HTC Eris.. your should then have the same widget choices..

so "long-press" on a blank screen and choose "widgets" then look for "picture frame "..

If I recall correctly you should be able to choose between a full screen or quarter screen size photo frame. The quarter screen size is nice because you can put 4 different photos on one screen by repeating the widget add process.

Once you select the size of the widget it will then let you choose a photo from your photo gallery.

— modified on Sep 28, 2010, 6:46:05 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 28, 2010, 11:13:03 AM via Website

justJay
Your Incredible is a HTC Sense UI based phone like my HTC Eris.. your should then have the same widget choices..

so "long-press" on a blank screen and choose "widgets" then look for "picture frame "..

If I recall correctly you should be able to choose between a full screen or quarter screen size photo frame. The quarter screen size is nice because you can put 4 different photos on one screen by repeating the widget add process.

Once you select the size of the widget it will then let you choose a photo from your photo gallery.

The picture frame feature is stock Android I believe, and yes, it is a nice feature to have. I also used to put 4 picture frames on one of my homescreens. Now with only 3 homescreens, I have all space devoted back to shortcuts and widgets.

— modified on Sep 28, 2010, 11:13:50 AM

Claret
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 28, 2010, 10:21:06 PM via App

Thanks folks- works but am only
able to get 1/4 screens.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 29, 2010, 7:14:43 AM via Website

I have an htc sense ui phone, but could not get the Picture Frame, Photo Album or Photo Frame widgets that came with my phone to go full screen. Photo Album is the widget I meant before when I said gallery. It takes up most of the screen and you can flip through your pictures with it. I found a widget in the android market that works well with my htc sense phone. It's called "Big Photo Frame", it bigger than photo album (uses about 95% of the screen) and is free.

tangyan
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 17, 2010, 3:52:11 AM via Website

[content edited/removed by moderator]

— modified on Nov 17, 2010, 11:34:55 AM by moderator