NEED HELP WITH D/L APPS TO SAMSUNG GT-I9000 PLEASE

• Replies:3
Serena Hershon
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 29, 2010, 9:33:16 AM via Website

I am in australia and just purchased a new samsung galaxy S.. apparently i now find it does not support most apps as its so new here
i was told by samsung that I can use the apps here at android pit.. i went there but dont see how to d/l or where it downloads to??
thanks anyone for help, greatly appreciated

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 29, 2010, 10:55:42 AM via Website

Welcome to AndroidPIT first off! I'm slightly surprised to hear that Samsung directed you to our site. I believe that speaks volumes about our site's quality. As for downloading apps, Australia is on the list of countries that have access to the Android Market for free apps. As for paid apps, Australia is not yet supported. However, that may change soon, as Google will be introducing paid apps to 14 new countries in the coming weeks, and I would be surprised if Australia does not receive paid apps with this latest update.

AndroidPIT does have an app store, called the AndroidPIT App Center. You can download apps from there that developers have uploaded onto our store. Installation instructions for the App Center are on the page I linked to above.

How do you like your phone by the way? I used a Galaxy S for a couple months and really liked the phone when I wasn't worrying about breaking or losing it.

— modified on Sep 29, 2010, 10:56:34 AM

Serena Hershon
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 8:31:20 AM via Website

thanks Douglas, i think the reason they did is because the Galaxy S is only new here and they have like 11 apps! lol so they told me i could find some here which i did.. they did tell me they were trying to get things moving cos this apparently voted #1 phone!
i will give the app center a try thanks. did actually find androidzoom ( am i allowed to say that here LOL)
I love it just got it yesterday so still learning.. why are you not using it anymore??? i hated the iphone!!
i got a lanyar for the phone ( which you cant use on iphone) so now cant lose it)
thanks for all your help

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 30, 2010, 10:23:47 AM via Website

There is an app from Samsung that comes with the phone that has about ~10 apps listed inside of it which are free to install. However, the Android Market is the app you should use to download apps. It should look something like this:

From there you should be able to download thousands of free apps onto your phone.

What exactly is your question about Androidzoom and AndroidPIT? They are a competing Android app market, which allows users to browse for apps from their PC. AndroidPIT has that same ability, but AndroidPIT also has an app which allows users to access the official Android Market, and apps which have been uploaded to AndroidPIT by developers.

I'm glad to hear you got a lanyard for your phone to keep you from losing it. I have had a number of instances where I thought I lost my phone. Insurance also might be a good thing with your phone. One last bit of advice: while the Galaxy S has a very resistant screen to scratches, I still recommend keeping keys and anything that can scratch glass separate from you phone.