PLEASE HELP - N1 keeps crashing

• Replies:3
Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Sep 30, 2010, 6:50:33 AM via App

Hi all,
My N1 just got the latest update (2.2.1) & since this the phone has been absolutely awful. If it was like this from the beginning I would have tossed it.
I now have continous sluggishness, apps freeze, Launcher crashes, Process Manager freezes, random restarts, keyboard freezes, etc. It just sucks!
Does anyone have any advice for smart troubleshooting? First, I would like to determine if the problem is a conflict with an installed app or the Android OS itself. Is there an event viewer or something similar to see what is going on with the processes?
Cheers,
Thanks,
Phil

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Sep 30, 2010, 7:23:51 AM via App

Factory Data Reset the phone..

press menu.. privacy.. then "Factory Data Reset".

After you reset the phone it will be like when the phone was new.. but it will still have the the latest 2.2 upgrade.. and your SD card will NOT be erased.

You will have to re-setup your phone and once you log In to Google and go to the market all your apps should download automaticly.. so you might be best served doing the reset when you have WiFi available.

— modified on Sep 30, 2010, 7:25:59 AM

Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Sep 30, 2010, 8:29:49 AM via Website

Awesome, thanks. I'll try this later.

Phil

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 30, 2010, 10:27:22 AM via Website

Once the reset is complete, you can try and search for a copy of the last Android 2.2 version that worked fine to install on your phone. Or you can try and install the latest update fresh and hope the problems disappear. If a factory data reset doesn't fix the crashes and bugginess (even thought it should), the next step is to take it to a store from your provider, or send it in for repairs.