Paid apps missing after upgrade

• Replies:3
  • Answered
david johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 8:35:00 PM via App

Hi apparently, Google have sorted the missing paid app problem! I informed them 3 weeks ago that after a upgrade i lost a lot of paid apps and can no longer see them in the Market. I can't even see some of the devs any more . They are in this market but it directs me to Googles then states they don't exist. Google have completely ignored the problem in the forum and help center. This is making me very unhappy and it appears they don't care about there customers and i have visions of them sitting around all day playing games etc.. or changing the images on their search engine. I hope this is not true but as a customer i feel very let down and out of pocket for apps i have paid for. They do not have any form of communication which is very frustrating. Does any one know of an effective way of getting this resolved or do i have to go to the BBB. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

david johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 6, 2010, 4:27:06 PM via App

As if by magic all of my missing apps have appeared. The thing that worries me is every time I upgrade it can happen again. I have purchased My backup Pro but I'm not convinced this will restore them all . As any one had the same problem? Did my Backup Pro work?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 12, 2010, 1:03:56 PM via Website

What phone have you upgraded from? Google unfortunately has no hotline to call and take questions, which is definitely a problem in my opinion. Have you tried contacting the developer of the app? If you search for the app in the AndroidPIT app database, the developer's email address is made available for contact. I would suggest contacting the developer and asking him what the situation regarding the app is. In addition, they may have a better chance of reaching someone at Google than you, as they are the developer of the app in question.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 13, 2010, 8:42:50 AM via Website

From my experience as a developer, support for developers is just as lacking from google as for customers. When I first signed up for my market account, I couldn't even access my developer console for weeks. I sent google multiple emails and never got a response. After a few weeks it just started working.

I have gotten several emails from people who have tried to buy my apps on the google android market with either a payment processing error or a download error. This is a prevalent problem I've heard .There is nothing developers can do about this as far as the market malfunctioning. When people do email me about not getting their apps, I usually will offer to send them a copy by email or refund their money they paid for the app (developers can do refunds). So it is probably a good idea to contact the developers as Douglas suggested.