Anyway to use Android to fill in a PDF form?

• Replies:28
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 23, 2012 11:07:58 PM via Website

Sean
piggy-backing on to this thread, I'm looking for an app that will retain the Auto-Calculate functionality of a PDF form I made on my PC. I tried everything suggested in this thread, and qPDF gets me the closest to what I want, but it doesn't appear to retain the calculated field functionality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just checked with our developers, and am happy to tell you that the ability calculate in PDF forms IS retained by forms accessed and even annotated in qPDF Notes. By that, I mean that PDF forms you access, annotate, and then send/save from qPDF notes will still have the auto-calculate formulas on the fields, though that calculation will not have occurred while open in qPDF Notes. I'm also told that the functionality for that Auto Calculate to happen inside qPDF Notes is a 'coming soon' feature.
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 8, 2012 11:19:33 PM via Website

Hi Phil, I am interested in your product below, if you have developed anything that can take care of your problem.
I am looking for exactly the same functions and i have to fill out pdf-form WITH the ability to attach pictures.
(if it can take pictures directly from camera instead of from library it would be perfect)
Please answer if you got any suggestion on your problem.

Phil
If anyone is interested, I am working with a company to develop something specific to my needs. I would like to learn and write the code myself but I just do not have the time. Busy at work. Here is the current details of what I am working on:

Objective of final product:
1. Generate PDF log files with data entered by operators onto a Android device.
2. Final Data saved and backed up as PDF files.
3. Trending Chart data:
-available over selected time frame of any and all entered data
-simply and clearly showing unusual valuesö
-easily viewed by vessel and shoreside office

Characteristics of final product:
Form-fillable PDF
PDF form with ability of end user to continually update and tweak form data
Downloadable .apk application able to run on multiple devices and without an internet connection
Chart Trending
Signature
Attach Pictures
Email ability

From the Operator perspective:
Open PDF on either phone or tablet
go around to various machinery systems and enter data (numerical, text, dates, notes, etc.)
Filled in PDF ability to "Save As" separate from original, blank PDF.
Filled in PDF ability to email directly from device
Trending & Charting cability to study entered data and determine potential problems with machinery

From the owners perspective:
Receive an email of daily log files in PDF format
Receive a simple monthly chart of all entered data clearly seeing any problem values (out of range) and/or missing values.

Cheers,
Phil

Sep 4, 2012 2:59:43 AM via Website

I installed qPDF Note (full version) and found that it doesn't seem to obey field format settings. I have a form that has 3 separate fields for each of a year, a month, and a day. The year field is set to be a custom date format of YYYY, the month field a custom date format of MM, and the day field a custom date of DD.

In Adobe Acrobat Reader X and Adobe Reader for Android the form opens and when I select either of the year, month, or day fields I get a nice calendar selection popup that lets me pick the year, month, or day as appropriate. I can't enter an invalid date like month 33 or day 87. I need to be able to provide some controls over data entry into the form to help ensure correct data entry.

Also I have a field that I want to associate a java script to for more sophisticated data entry checking. Will/does qPDF support this now or in the future?

I like the Adobe Reader but I need one thing it doesn't have. That is the ability to "Save as:" instead of "Send to:" which doesn't give me the option of renaming the filled out form and saving it to the local device storage. I wish Adobe would add a "Save as:" option to the list of Email, Dropbox, etc.

Regards,

Dan

Oct 25, 2013 5:22:48 PM via Website

Susan Sims
We (Qoppa Software) have an app that will let you fill PDF forms and then save them or send them via email.
The resulting file is standard PDF, so can be read by other PDF viewers.
qPDF Notes is our app, it sells for under $10, and you can use a free version if you don't mind watermarks.
We also offer a free viewer - qPDF Viewer - that is fast with good navigation.

Hi, I have an Acrobat form that has some calculations, will your program do that? There are plenty that enable to fill out a form but I haven't found one to do calculations so I can create mobile cash register with tablet with complicated shipping procedures that my custom form will handle.

Thanks!!

Oct 25, 2013 7:08:09 PM via Website

Yes, qPDF Notes does support calculations! It was added in version 3.0 which you can read about on our knowledge base. Visit our website to learn more. Since I can't post links in this forum, I've posted them on my Google+ profile.

Oct 25, 2013 7:09:08 PM via Website

Scott Lim
Susan Sims
We (Qoppa Software) have an app that will let you fill PDF forms and then save them or send them via email.
The resulting file is standard PDF, so can be read by other PDF viewers.
qPDF Notes is our app, it sells for under $10, and you can use a free version if you don't mind watermarks.
We also offer a free viewer - qPDF Viewer - that is fast with good navigation.

Hi, I have an Acrobat form that has some calculations, will your program do that? There are plenty that enable to fill out a form but I haven't found one to do calculations so I can create mobile cash register with tablet with complicated shipping procedures that my custom form will handle.

Thanks!!

Yes, qPDF Notes does support calculations! It was added in version 3.0 which you can read about on our knowledge base. Visit our website to learn more. Since I can't post links in this forum, I've posted them on my Google+ profile.
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 27, 2013 5:15:33 AM via Website

You can use an application called AllyourTexts

Sep 17, 2014 12:46:05 AM via Website

I just want to share a PDF filling out tool I've discovered, just in case you need it.

PDFfiller.com allowed me to upload word and powerpoint document to be converted to PDF. Let's me fill out the form neatly and after I had the capability of either to save, print, fax , share or SendtoSign the forms.

I was able to get also the form i need through goo.gl/itweUs.

Jun 15, 2015 10:34:33 PM via Website

I tried qpdf, all I get are strange character's, doesn't work at all.