VIP Alert - Don't miss the most important calls

• Replies:10
Ron Schnell
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 6, 2010, 3:22:17 AM via Website

This app allows you to select a set of phone numbers for which the phone will ring even if the ringer is silenced.

Good for when you go to sleep and the kids are out of the house, or when you're in a meeting and you want certain people to be able to get through.

Features:
  • Add VIP numbers from your Contacts or by entering the number manually
  • Enter the number in any format (including international)
  • Configurable to alert when Private or Unknown numbers call (police in some areas use this)
  • Configurable to use your alarm tone or your default ringtone
  • You can enable or disable individual (or all) VIP numbers temporarily (if you're at the movies, etc.)
  • Configurable to add the extra alert even when the ringer is on

I have a longer description at http://www.quogic.com/apps.html

Market link is market://details?id=com.quogic.phoneallow

I would love to hear feedback.

Thanks,
Ron

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 6, 2010, 6:15:36 AM via Website

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, because my phone will not recieve calls right now. But I think this is a great idea!

Jeremiah

Oct 6, 2010, 6:43:36 AM via Website

It's a problem I've been having for some time now. If someone calls me, I just don't get the call. Then I may get the voicemail or text message a few days later. Usually I have to call my voicemail to get it. I believe its a problem with my login with my carrier. But I haven't called them to see if they can straighten it out yet because I have no friends lol, no one calls me anyways usually. I mostly only have the phone for testing my android development. I can usually call someone fine, but I did notice that when I do call someone it almost always will start roaming for that call. Thats when I usually get my voicemails or msgs after it has roamed for a bit, or I call my voicemail directly.

— modified on Oct 6, 2010, 6:47:13 AM

Ron Schnell

Oct 6, 2010, 6:04:33 PM via Website

On another forum, someone said that they could not see my app on the Market. They claim to be running 2.1, non-rooted, so I can't see why that would be the case (the API level on the APP is "5"). If anyone is running 2.1, can you make sure you can at least see it on the Market? I don't have any friends around here with 2.1. They are all either running 1.6 or 2.2 or 2.2.1.

Jeremiah

Oct 7, 2010, 2:26:46 AM via App

I'm running an HTC hero with 2.1 Sprint. I was able to see your app in the market.

Ron Schnell

Oct 7, 2010, 3:56:53 AM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
I'm running an HTC hero with 2.1 Sprint. I was able to see your app in the market.

Thanks.

Devon Venable
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 7, 2010, 3:28:15 AM via App

have you tried the *228 option and then after restart *228 option 2. usually it resets or updates roaming and service problems if the provider has updated their programming. if that doesnt work may i suggest a reboot of the phone

Jeremiah

Nov 7, 2010, 4:40:53 AM via Website

By reboot do you mean, power it off and back on or factory reset? I tried calling *228 but the operator says it's not a valid number, I was roaming on alltel, I'll try again when in sprint coverage.

Ron Schnell

Mar 27, 2011, 6:02:08 PM via Website

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added a bunch of features since this post. It now also works for SMS messages, and displays the name of the contact for each number (if the number is in your contacts).

Any feedback is always appreciated.