Android 2.2 update?

• Replies:5
Steve Dyer
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 13, 2010, 4:20:35 PM via Website

Hello to everyone, I have a Samsung Vibrant smartphone running Android 2.1, does anyone know when the 2.2 upgrade will be available?
I realize that having the newest version on the new phones is a selling feature however I think it should have been offered to the people that have
been using the older versions first! but from a business stand point I guess this was the best way to go.
I have to say I love this site, I have been amazed by how quickly developers have been creating apps, does anyone have the numbers on the
app growth rate?

Thanks,
MrBeer

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 13, 2010, 4:50:12 PM via Website

From what I have heard and read, Samsung USA is pushing out Android 2.2 updates to the Galaxy S line of phones and every phone should receive the update by the end of the month.

Steve Dyer

Oct 15, 2010, 2:36:09 PM via Website

Thank you for the info!

Douglas Carter

Oct 18, 2010, 12:22:24 PM via Website

After doing some more looking today, there is a press release which says the rollout is beginning in Europe first, followed by other markets (North America is included).They don't make specific mentions on when the US will be receiving the upgrade however.

Steve Dyer

Oct 18, 2010, 3:13:55 PM via Website

Thanks for the update Douglas, I appreciate the heads up.........damn Europe!

Steve

Douglas Carter

Oct 19, 2010, 2:00:50 PM via Website

STEVE DYER
Thanks for the update Douglas, I appreciate the heads up.........damn Europe!

Steve

Well, I would likely be enjoying that update right now if I still had the Galaxy S testing unit I received back in June/July :grin:

— modified on Oct 19, 2010, 2:01:41 PM