Apps required for sony ericsson xperia x10 mini pro

• Replies:10
Vishnu R
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 22, 2010, 11:31:39 AM via Website

Dear All,

I have ordered(in US) Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro and within 3 days I will be getting the phone. I read in some forum where they complained about the Blue tooth file transfer not working, no camera zoom, no call recording, no full screen video, and some problem with music player. This can be solved by having apps !!!!

So can anybody please provide me the links to download the respective apps to my mobile. And also im not aware of
1. How to install apps to my mobile
2. How to delete the apps
3. How to download the apps (need to install in pc and then we need to transfer to mobile or directly downloading to mobile???)

could anybody please guide me on this....... plz

Thanks in advance,
Vishnu

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 22, 2010, 4:22:40 PM via Website

I'm assuming this is your first Android phone?

1.Your phone should come with a program/application called "Android Market", or simply "Market." This app, the official Google Android Market, will allow you to download apps that work on your handset. Sometimes when looking through app databases, you will find an interesting app. Unfortunately, the X10 Mini Pro has two features which may make it harder to find every app you want. The screen resolution is very low (320 x 240) and not every developer makes apps which work on that size screen. The X10 Mini Pro also runs on Android 1.6, which is not the newest Android OS, so there will be some apps which will not work on your handset. Once you have found the app you want, you can download it, and after it is downloaded, the Android Market will automatically install it onto your phone.

2. Deleting apps can be done through the Android Market, in the app entry under "Downloads." It can also be done in Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / selecting your app to delete / and clicking uninstall.

3. Number 1. above pretty much answers the same question.

Vishnu R

Vishnu R

Oct 24, 2010, 10:36:28 AM via Website

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your reply....... Once i got the mobile i will check it and let you know if i have any queries ........

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Oct 24, 2010, 2:25:58 PM via App

the xperia should be receiving an update soon to 2.1

Vishnu R

Oct 24, 2010, 2:37:23 PM via Website

Hi Anthony,

When 2.1 will be releasing and i found in net that 2.2 is almost ready to launch ??? if so then why we should go to 2.1 we can directly go to 2.2 right???

and other question is how to upgrade from 1.6 to higher versions (like 2.1 or 2.2)........ after installing is there any problems will occur????

wesam77
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 24, 2010, 5:25:19 PM via App

Vishnu R
Dear All,

I have ordered(in US) Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro and within 3 days I will be getting the phone. I read in some forum where they complained about the Blue tooth file transfer not working, no camera zoom, no call recording, no full screen video, and some problem with music player. This can be solved by having apps !!!!

So can anybody please provide me the links to download the respective apps to my mobile. And also im not aware of
1. How to install apps to my mobile
2. How to delete the apps
3. How to download the apps (need to install in pc and then we need to transfer to mobile or directly downloading to mobile???)

could anybody please guide me on this....... plz

Thanks in advance,
Vishnu

Douglas Carter

Oct 25, 2010, 5:06:44 PM via Website

The Android 2.1 update may still happen this month, or maybe next month. There is no way to know for sure until it is downloaded and installed on your phone. Sony Ericsson can say they will have it to you at a certain time, but that doesn't guarantee you will get it when they say you will. It may get pushed back again. As for Android 2.2 (or any Android update), there are only two ways to update your handset:

1. Let the handset manufacturer update when they want to, if they choose to.

2. Install a ROM on your rooted phone.

Unfortunately, option 1 will likely not get you Android 2.2, as Sony Ericsson have not made any hints that Android 2.2 is going to be put on their devices. Option 2 may work, but it depends on someone developing a root method for the phone and a working ROM. That may take awhile.

— modified on Oct 25, 2010, 5:19:24 PM

Vishnu R

Nov 15, 2010, 7:57:33 AM via Website

Hi Douglas,

I got my new Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro and as you suggest that there will be a program/application called "Android Market or Market" which is used to install the apps !!! right !!! but unfortunately there is no such thing in my handset !!!! :-(

So now what should i do and how can i install the apps now ????

can you plz guide me on this.......... i need this very badly dude..........

Douglas Carter

Nov 15, 2010, 2:42:04 PM via Website

Your phone is supposed to come pre-installed with the Android Market. Take a look through the app list and try and find an icon that looks like this:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_c_BsayiKRHw0fblYBqsncYvbVfwpImpi68pR9BdG4X18UhK6cA

or this:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm3Iv_xWi7tP0oE-YhVmk7LxT7weKjud0PDd9-Wa8ur7WSa70CxA

or maybe this:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNfv3xZichAfH8q6iywSBoB24sVt5NnMotU5nm8EKYgf6i8X37

It should be called "Market" or "Android Market". If you still can't find it, do a factory reset, and the phone will return to how it was when you turned it on the first time. If that still doens't work, then take the phone to the nearest branch of your network provider, and ask them for help.

wilson joy
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 1:42:42 PM via Website

could anyone tell me hw to install apps n games on sd card of SE x10 mini pro

Anirudh Kotiya
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 4:52:46 PM via Website

Hello,

Whenever i entered into android market it shows me error. so will anyone help me to resolve it