HTC Tattoo Android Market Update

• Replies:7
Andy S
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 24, 2010, 2:57:01 AM via Website

Hi I currently have a Htc Tattoo with Android 1.6, according to HTC there will be no update for Android OS - Anyone got any more news if there will be an update??
MY Problem is I want to download Instant Heart Rate from Android Market but Android Market on my phone cannot even find App???? It's on the internet & my friends Samsung Galaxy with Android Market??? Why can't I get it on my phone - Any ideas
Thanx Andy

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 25, 2010, 5:50:23 PM via Website

Not every Android phone can run the latest version of Android. I have a HTC Dream, the first consumer Android phone, and it still runs on Android 1.6, just like yours. No updates are coming to this device in the future, unless I root it and install a ROM onto it.

As for the difference between your friend's phone and yours, some apps are only developed for a specific version of Android and up. For instance, the app in question may be developed for Android 2.0 and up. Since yours only runs Android 1.6, the app is not displayed on the market and won't work on your phone.

Unfortunately for you, if HTC says they are not going to update the handset, then it is not going to be updated by itself.

There is one way update it however. You will have to root your phone and find an Android 2.1 ROM (there may even be an Android 2.2 version) to install onto your Tattoo. Take a look here for possible ROMs: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=544

— modified on Oct 25, 2010, 5:56:30 PM

Andy S

Andy S
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 26, 2010, 7:16:04 PM via Website

Thanx for your help, I will look into what u have mention in your reply.
Thanx Again :grin:

bobo
  • Forum posts: 4

May 10, 2011, 9:32:23 PM via App

Douglas Carter
Not every Android phone can run the latest version of Android. I have a HTC Dream, the first consumer Android phone, and it still runs on Android 1.6, just like yours. No updates are coming to this device in the future, unless I root it and install a ROM onto it.

As for the difference between your friend's phone and yours, some apps are only developed for a specific version of Android and up. For instance, the app in question may be developed for Android 2.0 and up. Since yours only runs Android 1.6, the app is not displayed on the market and won't work on your phone.

Unfortunately for you, if HTC says they are not going to update the handset, then it is not going to be updated by itself.

There is one way update it however. You will have to root your phone and find an Android 2.1 ROM (there may even be an Android 2.2 version) to install onto your Tattoo. Take a look here for possible ROMs: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=544

bobo
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 22, 2011, 6:09:42 PM via App

Andy S
Hi I currently have a Htc Tattoo with Android 1.6, according to HTC there will be no update for Android OS - Anyone got any more news if there will be an update??
MY Problem is I want to download Instant Heart Rate from Android Market but Android Market on my phone cannot even find App???? It's on the internet & my friends Samsung Galaxy with Android Market??? Why can't I get it on my phone - Any ideas
Thanx Andy

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 23, 2011, 6:44:59 AM via App

Bobo please stop quoting

For better reading I deleted most of Bobos quotes

— modified on Jun 23, 2011, 12:15:13 PM