Hello from Adairsville, GA

• Replies:2
Gary Garland
  • Forum posts: 22

Nov 1, 2010, 3:35:21 PM via Website

I have now had my Samsung Captivate for about two weeks. I am still very much in the learning curve.

I am a pastor of a small, but growing Baptist church, a 33 year veteran in the fire service, currently assigned to fire prevention, and a husband, dad, and granddad.

I like to read, ride motorcycles, and watch old black and white movies and TV shows (that color stuff is bad for your eyesight).

I play drums, bass, and acoustic guitar and piddle with several other instruments including dulcimer, banjo, piano, kazoo, and a few others.

My hobby is Geo-caching.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 2, 2010, 2:44:12 PM via Website

Welcome to AndroidPIT Gary! I think you'll enjoy your time here, and I look forward to discussing Android and other topics with you. How long have you had your Captivate for? In addition, if you have any questions, please ask, as that is one of the main reasons for our community: to help newcomers to Android.

As for geocaching, I do that every now and then. Have you tried using your phone for that, or is the GPSr in your Captivate too inaccurate?

— modified on Nov 2, 2010, 3:21:35 PM

Gary Garland
  • Forum posts: 22

Nov 2, 2010, 3:00:48 PM via Website

Douglas,

I have had my Captivate for two weeks, four days, and so many hours and minutes.

As to the Geocaching with it, I haven't yet had the opportunity to do any actual caching. I have installed the app and I like the way it looks. I am anxious to give it a try.

I have several questions. I have already posted a thread or two and I am sure I will posting some more.

Thank you for your welcome.