New Android 2.2 aPads Vs Apple iPad

• Replies:8
Scott Asknew
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 3, 2010, 7:51:14 AM via Website

Just released in SZ (China). New iPad clones run Android 2.2 with hardware equal to iPad, around $200 - $290 USD.

8" Android 2.2 aPad - 1GHz Cortex A8 Processor - 512MB DDR2

10.2" Android 2.2 aPad - 1GHz Cortex A8 Processor - 512MB DDR2

Any reviews, discussion on these? I have laid my money down and waiting for the courier to show up. Been burnt before and not holding my breath, but as an ebook reader and wifi surfer? Are these new processors?

— modified on Dec 21, 2011, 5:52:35 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 3, 2010, 5:03:49 PM via Website

Why did you post links for two tablets? If you only bought one, then why ask about another one as well? If you bought both, then it seems to be like you have a decent amount of confidence in them already.

If I come off as a bit rude for the introduction, I apologize, but I take a hard stance against people that I think may be advertising unauthorized.

Regarding the tech specs of the 10" device, it looks okay. The display resolution is good, as is the reported battery life. Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi b/g and resistive touchscreen are big downsides in my opinion. I try to stay away from products designed to look like some other product, instead of designing their own.

I'm not sure how if these are new processors.

— modified on Dec 21, 2011, 5:52:58 PM by moderator

Christian Grundner

Jan 10, 2011, 2:45:48 PM via Website

I´ve bought an aPad with Android 2.2 in November and followed up by buying a Galaxy tab in December.

I consider the Galaxy and the iPad about equal in performance and the aPad is miles away from those two
platforms. My aPad (the M7007) was advertised with 3G (not true) Multitouch (not true and also a terrible touchscreen)
WiFi (true, but terrible range) and a camera (not true). There is no gravity sensor and the power supply holds for about
20-30 minutes!

I also learned that Android devices have to be cleared with Market. Since the aPad has not been cleared, very few apps are available.
Right now I´m still waiting for a reply from the cinese supplier and bought a Galaxy Tab for about 3 times the money
but with all the features I´m interested in.

On paper the features sounded like they could compare, but the actual performance is miles apart!

I hope that you´ll have a different experience and will get some use from your aPads.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 2:29:42 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 10, 2011, 4:36:55 PM via Website

Christian Grundner
I´ve bought an aPad with Android 2.2 in November and followed up by buying a Galaxy tab in December.

I consider the Galaxy and the iPad about equal in performance and the aPad is miles away from those two
platforms. My aPad (the M7007) was advertised with 3G (not true) Multitouch (not true and also a terrible touchscreen)
WiFi (true, but terrible range) and a camera (not true). There is no gravity sensor and the power supply holds for about
20-30 minutes!

I also learned that Android devices have to be cleared with Market. Since the aPad has not been cleared, very few apps are available.
Right now I´m still waiting for a reply from the cinese supplier and bought a Galaxy Tab for about 3 times the money

On paper the features sounded like they could compare, but the actual performance is miles apart!

I hope that you´ll have a different experience and will get some use from your aPads.

Unfortunately, your story is not new, as we hear about similar stories a lot. That is how it is with so many of these new companies making product clones of famous devices. They sell a device with specs that look great on paper, but they actually put really substandard components inside the device, and deliberately have poor customer service so that you can't get your money back.

I am glad to hear that your Galaxy Tab is treating you well. I'm a big fan of the hardware that Samsung puts in their devices. Their track history on software updates is another story though.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 2:30:22 PM by moderator

Christian Grundner

Jan 10, 2011, 4:56:02 PM via Website

I am glad to hear that your Galaxy Tab is treating you well. I'm a big fan of the hardware that Samsung puts in their devices. Their track history on software updates is another story though.

they did promise an update to gingerbread. Let´s see if 3.0 comes for the GT.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 14, 2011, 4:20:29 AM via Website

so pls let me know which model is better? thx

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 14, 2011, 4:22:56 AM via Website

becasue there are too many apads in the market, and they always make me confused. so please give me the correct idea. It will be pretty appriciated.

Alexia Keahey
  • Forum posts: 21

Jun 15, 2011, 2:42:01 PM via Website

you should only consider Android Pads, iPad is very expensive

lijie
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 8:44:20 AM via Website

I also learned that Android devices windows tablet pc have to be cleared with Market. Since the aPad has not been cleared, very few apps are available.

Edit by mod: Link removed due to advertisment rules

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 2:30:45 PM by moderator