Android device Deleting the application database while rebooting.

• Replies:5
joshua
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 4, 2010, 12:02:09 PM via Website

Hi,
I am having a own device which is running on android 2.1.I have installed one application in that .That application will create a new DB if there is no DB for the application.It is creating correctly .I have accessed the device memory as well.I have seen the database in the device memory.But when I reboot the device the Database got erased .The app is not persisting the database after rebooting the device.Wat will the prob.?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 5, 2010, 6:44:52 AM via Website

Are you talking about on an actual device or the android emulator? The emulator does this, from what I've experienced, but I don't know what the problem could be if its an actual phone.

joshua

Nov 8, 2010, 6:15:37 AM via Website

Hi,
Its not an emulator.Its actually our own hardware.We are running the android2.0 in that.I have installed one more simple app(test app) which will create an databse.The test app persisting the database after rebooting also.But the actual application(SAM) is not persisting its data.

Adrian Papari
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 8, 2010, 8:08:14 AM via Website

Does the app behave as expected when you're running it in the emulator? If the problem is related to your own android implementation, you might want to check out the xda-developers forum; as one of the de facto places for ROM hacking, several of their members have extensive knowledge about the intricacies of Android.

joshua

Nov 8, 2010, 10:05:27 AM via Website

Thank you adrian and jeremiah..I wil try in Xda-developers regarding this..If you get any idea in this issue please let me know...