powering off (fixed the question)

• Replies:9
Devon Venable
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 7, 2010, 3:37:43 AM via App

so why is it my phone (lg ally) when put on the charger wont stay off? is there an ap or setting that will make the phone stay off when its on the charger? example... i physically shut the phone down, plug in the charger, and the phone turns on to full functioning capablities (text, calls and all).

— modified on Nov 19, 2010, 1:44:05 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 8, 2010, 3:11:14 PM via Website

So what you are saying is, when you start charging your phone that was turned off, it turns itself on because it starts charging? The display/phone might turn itself on a little bit when charging to give you a better indication of how the charging process is going. When the phone is charging, and "off", can you do regular phone actions, or does it only display a little information?

Devon Venable

Nov 19, 2010, 1:42:32 AM via App

i fixed the question

Douglas Carter

Nov 19, 2010, 10:59:29 AM via Website

That is a tough question. I think that the "turn on" function during charging is part of the ROM, and cannot be changed. From what I just read here, no-one has found a way to keep an Android phone off while charging, if the phone is designed to turn on while charging. Sorry. What is the reasoning behind wanting it off? Too many phone calls? If so, you can always turn the ringer to silent.

Devon Venable

Nov 19, 2010, 4:12:20 PM via App

so that it charges faster

Douglas Carter

Nov 19, 2010, 9:02:17 PM via App

yeah, it looks like you are out of luck then. however, if you charge connected to a computer via USB, plugging into a wall charger with higher mAh per hour (i think) would make the phone charge faster. how do you charge your phone currently?

Devon Venable

Dec 17, 2010, 2:01:55 AM via App

by wall outlet.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Dec 17, 2010, 3:48:35 AM via App

I don't believe you would gain much in the way of speed If your phone was completely off.. and even if you did IT would be minimal. you could however put your phone into "airplane mode".. or turn off: gps, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. to aid in the way of using less power while charging therefore, theoretically at least, it would charge quicker.

Douglas Carter

Dec 17, 2010, 2:56:31 PM via Website

justJay
I don't believe you would gain much in the way of speed If your phone was completely off.. and even if you did IT would be minimal. you could however put your phone into "airplane mode".. or turn off: gps, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. to aid in the way of using less power while charging therefore, theoretically at least, it would charge quicker.

I agree. Using the radios is definitely a drain on the battery, even when charging.