Deimos - Android’s Premiere Action Multiplayer Game

• Replies:8
Andrew Siggy
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 5:39:21 AM via Website

Hey Guys,

I would like to let you know about a game that we've been developing here at Aurora Software that is being built for Android.

The game is called Deimos and it was just released into beta at the beginning of this month. Deimos is a fast-paced, 2D, space combat game where the objective is to capture points and destroy enemy ships to bring your team to victory. This is one of the first real-time action games for Android where you play with and against other human players.

This game is still in heavy development and we want our users to let us know what they want! We want you to go in, play, test, and find the bugs so we can create a polished and well balanced game. Don't miss this opportunity to help direct the development of Deimos!

So, please go play it and test it out. You can check out the tutorial, report any bugs, make suggestions, and discuss the game with us on our forums!

Thanks
Siggy

Forum: http://www.deimos.mobi/forums/forum.php
Phone Compatibility: http://www.deimos.mobi/forums/showthread.php?3-Phone-Compatibility
Tutorial: http://www.deimos.mobi/forums/showthread.php?5-Tutorial

Download Now

— modified on Nov 20, 2010, 9:44:02 AM

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Nov 23, 2010, 1:41:35 AM via App

Ok.. works on my "rooted" and "overclocked" HTC Eris which is 320x480 screen res with 528 Mhz (overclocked to 710) processor. The optional D-pad is messed up.. you have to press up to go which I didn't like personally.. maybe its is suppose to be that way. the default controller "looks like a circle in a circle worked well. I found it hard to control the ship.. but I'm sure with practice that would change.

Ben Tremblay
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 1, 2010, 1:02:07 AM via Website

You're right, originally the game was made to work only on 800x480 displays, but we've recently changed that and now the game is playable on almost all android phone resolutions.

JustJay, we're glad to hear that it worked on your phone. However we're not so glad that you've had troubles with the controls.. We know this is a touchy area for most people which is why we've add four different control types: D-Pad, Joystick, Relative Joystick, and now the option to connect your Wii Remote via the Wiimote app.

Please keep testing the game and give us your feedback guys. It's very valuable to us. And as siggy said, we'd like the community to be heavily involved in the development of the game. Thanks.

Ben Tremblay
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 2, 2010, 7:29:37 PM via Website

When we say "joystick" we're referring to a control scheme that we've put into place that allows you to move around using an imitated joystick that is shown on the screen.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 5, 2010, 7:25:06 AM via Website

I downloaded the beta version. It would start, but wouldn't let me play, because my phone doesn't support 24mb heap size. Too bad, maybe I'll get a better phone soon.

One thing I saw in the comments on the app was that people are complaining that no one is playing. Maybe you could make a single player version to keep people interested untill you have a big enough user base to support the multiplayer? Just a thought.