Need help with my samsung galaxy s phone...

• Replies:3
OCJ
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 25, 2010, 10:28:26 AM via App

I have a Samsung galaxy s version 2.1 update-1... don't know much about android phones right at the moment, but learning as I go... I have been having a problem with my phone freezing up on me when I am using it, only sometimes. doesn't matter what app I am using at the time either... but it would Just freeze on me and then a black screen pops up with a red android saying user fault not kernel error...
does anybody know what I can do or how to fix that? cuz everytime that happens, I have to take out the back cover to take the battery out in order to reset

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 25, 2010, 11:00:25 AM via Website

That sounds like a very serious problem. I would recommend two options:

1st, perform a factory data reset, which will wipe all apps and information stored on your phones internal memory (NOT the microSD card). Once the reset is done, see if you still get the error. If so, continue on.

2nd, take your phone into the store you bought it from and request an exchange, as you have a defect product. Or contact Samsung customer service and see what they can do for you.

Let me know what options you try.

OCJ
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 25, 2010, 8:22:52 PM via App

I have already tried the factory reset button once before... but I will try to see what customer service says... thanks...

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Dec 5, 2010, 10:55:43 PM via App

I would say just bring it to the store, because it is a new phone I don't think they would hesitate just to give you a new one.