eMyShoppingList, free Android app to manage the shopping list

• Replies:25
A3G
  • Forum posts: 25

Nov 26, 2010, 1:33:34 PM via Website

Hi, here an Android app to manage the shopping list: eMyShoppingList - Lista de la compra.

The app is in Android Market with the following features:

Multi-lingual: Spanish and English. No need to configure the language in the application. The language is set out in the phone and the items preloaded on the application are those of the phone language. If the phone language is not English or Spanish, then the default language will be English

Easy to use and quick

Extensive database of preloaded items: over 360 in Spanish and over 250 in English. The items are loaded into the database the first time you start the application

The application has a tab that displays the items of the shopping list, a tab with usual items that can be copied to the shopping list, another tab to add products to the lists and / or database and a tab to change the name of any item preloaded into the database or delete it

It has been tested on devices with Android Platform 1.5, 1.6, 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2

User can send shopping list by email

More info: http://eMyShoppingList.blogspot.com

You can see some pictures in this post and If you are interested you can download the app with the QR-code.

I wait your comments!!!!!!!

A3G

Nov 26, 2010, 1:55:10 PM via Website

Yes, you can add any item to database.

A3G

Dec 4, 2010, 12:10:40 AM via Website

There is a new version of the application, version 1.1, which makes the application even more complete. The changes are:

You can sort lists by various criteria: last added at the end, last added to the top and alphabetically
Items selected in Shopping List tab are not disabled when changing tab
You can add items to the lists from the Items tab directly
Browse all items from the database in the same window in the Items tab (ALL option)
Bugfixes: Now, you can add new items that include the character ' (apostrophe)

What's your opinion?

A3G

Dec 18, 2010, 2:05:20 PM via Website

Please, more comments about the app?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 20, 2010, 1:36:43 PM via Website

I've made myself a list for the big shopping trip before Christmas, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Otherwise, the layout makes sense and the app doesn't seem to need much system resources. The auto suggestion is nice as well. I have a hard time giving you any other suggestions for this, as everything seems to be there. Is adding a new term as simple as inputting it into the shopping list?

A3G

Dec 20, 2010, 2:34:41 PM via Website

If you add to the list an item that is not in the database, the item is also added to the database.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 21, 2010, 2:24:36 AM via App

I downloaded and checked it out. Like Douglas, I can't think of anything this app needs. I liked the layout and search function. Haven't gotten to use it on an actual shopping trip, but I like it so far.

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Dec 22, 2010, 3:12:43 AM via Website

How bout a paid version of the emyshoppinglist apps that don't have advertisement? also make the apps sdcard friendly?
I have mdx and can't move this apps to my sd card..:)

Other suggestion, right now the apps takes 3 click to clear the item of the list, can you shorten this to one click?

For example- Lets say i have 30 items on my list, my phone will only display 10, instead of me scrowlling down the list to put a check mark on the next item that i pick up, then click purchase in order to clear the item off the list, how bout , when i place a check mark on an item, that item will be automatically remove from the list... :)

Just something for you to consider...

Edit- Just re-open the apps and it got updated, now it has a trash bin and a check mark, next to the list... I have mdx 2.2.1...
Would still like to see this apps without the advertisement and the ability to move this apps to my sdcard....:)

— modified on Dec 22, 2010, 3:39:41 AM

English is my second Language :-)

Douglas Carter

Dec 23, 2010, 11:06:50 AM via Website

It works great. I used it yesterday while doing the Xmas shopping and it was very easy. I think you'e got a real winner here if you can manage to get the 2 suggestions from Irene in as well. I don't necessarily absolutely need Apps2SD anymore, but most people definitely do, so it is likely a worthwhile effort.

A3G

Dec 27, 2010, 11:08:19 AM via Website

Hi, there is only one version of eMyShoppingList, there isn't a paid version.

In january I wait to do a new version with some changes but the app will be free.

Thanks for your comments

A3G

Jan 7, 2011, 4:12:29 PM via Website

There is a new version in Android Market (version 1.1.1). It solves the problem in Shopping List when the phone changes the orientation and the selected items lose the selection.

Regards.

Dana D
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 3:21:29 AM via App

my husband and i love your app . we have 7 kids with our 8th due in 3 weeks . we have huge shopping lists . we tried a bunch of other programs and this one is the best . my kids got a chuckle out of the fact that you have toast in the database lol .

keep up the good work :)

A3G

Jan 12, 2011, 8:47:54 AM via Website

Thanks a lot for your comment Dana D.

A3G

Jan 25, 2011, 7:41:00 PM via Website

It's now available a new version of eMyShoppingList (2.0) with the following news:

The app can be installed on the external storage (for example, the device's SD card)
You can specify quantities and units of measurement of shopping list items

Regards.

I attach an image.

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 27, 2011, 2:21:40 AM via Website

Just tried it out. Works pretty well. I really was looking for something link that.

Here's a suggestion:

Crossing out the ingredients on the list like on a sheet of paper would be a nice little addition (I don't know if that's possible in terms of graphics).

A3G

Jan 27, 2011, 8:12:39 AM via Website

Can you give me more information about your suggestion? I don´t undestand it.

Douglas Carter

Jan 27, 2011, 9:13:30 PM via Website

i think he means that you should add the ability to delete an entry by swiping to the side (left or right) on the item name, like you would with a pencil once you have found the item.

— modified on Jan 27, 2011, 9:13:48 PM

A3G

Jan 28, 2011, 8:10:44 AM via Website

It's possible to mark items when you put the items on the shopping cart. It's similar to crossing out the items.

A3G

Feb 21, 2011, 5:31:19 PM via Website

Is now available in Android Market a more powerful version of the application eMyShoppingList, version 2.1.

Now is possible to have more than one usual list.
You can specify notes, quantities and units of measurement of usual list items.
"Copy to Shopping List" in "Usual List" tab is now "Move to Shopping List". Shopping list items not are deleted when you move usual list items to shopping list.

Douglas Carter

Feb 22, 2011, 1:11:45 PM via Website

I noticed that update to the app not too long ago as I was getting a shopping list ready and noticed that I could move an item into another. Good addition.

A3G

Jun 1, 2011, 8:33:01 AM via Website

There is a new powerful version of eMyShoppingList, version 2.3.1.

Tell me your opinion about the app.

A3G

Nov 26, 2011, 1:49:28 PM via Website

New version available!!

Plese, tell me your comments.

A3G

Feb 26, 2012, 7:23:56 PM via Website

Any comments about the app?

I expect your comments for improve it!!

A3G