Word Zen - Word Puzzle game for Android mobile and tablet devices

• Replies:10
Liquid Rock Games
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 27, 2010, 7:27:59 AM via Website

Hello everyone,

We have officially released Word Zen. Works on Android phones (Android OS 1.6 or higher) and tablets.

Here's a link to our website for more details and android market download.
http://wordzen.liquidrockgames.com/

Do try it out, rate us, give comments and critics and most of all, have fun! :)

About Word Zen
Word Zen is a simple yet addictive word game from Liquid Rock Games with a relaxing zen-like theme which will appeal to players looking to test their word vocabulary.

With thousands of official crossword words to form from, the possibilities are endless!

Download Word Zen today. Works on Android phones and tablets.

It's FREE to play!

Features:

* Swipe letter tiles in any direction to form new words!
* Over 100,000 words to solve as seen in official crossword games!
* Global leader boards for players to update their scores and to compete for world ranking.
* Use special tiles to your advantage and form new strategies.

Screenshots:

— modified on Dec 4, 2010, 6:36:25 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 29, 2010, 10:31:46 AM via Website

Your app looks really great and I can't wait to test it. I like apps that challenge my vocabulary. I'll give it a try today and let you know how I like it. My only concern is that it is 6MB. At first impression, that is quite a large size, but depending on the complexity and depth of the app, it is likely unavoidable.

Liquid Rock Games

Nov 29, 2010, 3:28:36 PM via Website

Hi,

Thanks for checking it Word Zen out. Let us know what you think. Part of the large file size due to the word database for the game and also graphics so it works on tablets as well. :)

p/s: Some tips to rack up scores in Word Zen.

Douglas Carter

Nov 29, 2010, 6:45:53 PM via Website

Okay, I downloaded it and played it for awhile It is very well designed and programmed. I liked the concept and I liked that my G1 could handle it fine, plus how sensitive the game was to my gestures. Usually I have a hard time selecting such small objects on my phone's touchscreen. I did have some times where there was a mistake at the beginning of a word, but for the most part very enjoyable. When you fill up the bar at the bottom, what happens?

Liquid Rock Games

Nov 29, 2010, 6:51:45 PM via Website

Hi,

Thanks for trying it out. Glad you liked Word Zen. Means alot to us devs. :)

For the bar at the bottom it only serves as a timer which adds time every time a word is solved. However with each word repetition the amount of time added decreases. Nothing happens when the timer bar is filled.

Liquid Rock Games

Dec 2, 2010, 5:09:21 PM via Website

Hi guys,

We have just updated Word Zen to version 1.1.

Changes include:
1. Fix bug on ad buttons not showing correctly.
2. Apk install now installs to SD for froyo.
3. Solved certain input not responding issues.
4. Added return button to exit app in main menu.

Download the updated version at our official Word Zen website: http://wordzen.liquidrockgames.com/[/app]

Liquid Rock Games

Dec 4, 2010, 2:01:35 PM via Website

Hi guys,

Just wanted to gain feedback and know what other languages you would like to play Word Zen in. List them here :D

Douglas Carter

Dec 6, 2010, 2:39:54 PM via Website

German would be nice. If you put it into German, I would think the German side of AndroidPIT (the German side is much bigger) might like your app a lot. I know I do.

Liquid Rock Games

Dec 14, 2010, 5:05:31 AM via Website

We have just released Word Zen Unlimited for USD 2.99 !

Features:
* Advertisement free! No advertisement pop ups for Word Zen Unlimited.
* Save and continue your game anytime you like and upload your high scores later.

Purchase available here:
http://www.slideme.org/application/word-zen-unlimited

Douglas Carter

Dec 14, 2010, 2:01:45 PM via Website

My girlfriend plays your app a lot (on expert, or whatever the highest level is.) However, she often mentions to me that she thinks it is too easy/not challenging enough. Maybe a tweaking of the time limit should be in order, or something to make the game a bit harder.