Can't download/install Smart Keyboard Pro

• Replies:7
Michael Maes
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 10:51:02 PM via Website

Hi,

Here is my question ;) today I buy my new HTC Desire HD (my first Android) I buyed Smart Keyboard Pro for €1,99, when I download it above my screen I see an Icon that it's downloading, but 2 seconds later it's gone. I search my phone for that file but I Cant find it anywhere some one here that can help me please. (I try this over and over but nothing works) I deleted also all other Apps before doing this :S

Grtzz Michael

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 5, 2010, 7:03:15 AM via Website

Did you buy it from the google android market, or some other market (like androidPits app center?) If you bought from the google market, it should install when it's finished downloading; other markets you may need to look at your downloads and install it with an app installer.

I'm not sure about things like keyboards, but maybe it is installed and just needs to be activated as your default keyboard? Anyone who uses another keyboard know about this?

— modified on Dec 5, 2010, 7:04:32 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 6, 2010, 2:37:08 PM via Website

As for keyboards specifically, I'm not sure how it works. I think JustJay may be able to best answer that question. However, using my Android 1.6 G1, if I go into Settings / Locale & text / you should be able to go into some menu that says something like "keyboard settings" or "android keyboard" or "select keyboard." Try going into one of those menus and see if there is a menu where you can select "Smart Keyboard" for use that you downloaded earlier.

Doğukan

Dec 20, 2010, 11:50:38 AM via App

Douglas Carter
As for keyboards specifically, I'm not sure how it works. I think JustJay may be able to best answer that question. However, using my Android 1.6 G1, if I go into Settings / Locale & text / you should be able to go into some menu that says something like "keyboard settings" or "android keyboard" or "select keyboard." Try going into one of those menus and see if there is a menu where you can select "Smart Keyboard" for use that you downloaded earlier.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 20, 2010, 1:15:57 PM via Website

I also just had another thought. When entering text into a text field, long press on the text field and a menu may pop up which allows you to switch the keyboard you want to use.

Taylor Warren

Dec 31, 2010, 5:40:50 AM via Website

Did you ever figure figure this out? I ran into the same problem with my Samsung fascinate. I purchased the app but cant download or install it. Frustrating!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 31, 2010, 4:06:41 PM via Website

If you run a task killer, I've noticed that mine will kill downloads sometimes. Try turning off your task killer.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2011, 1:19:43 PM via Website

Hi there,

I have a replacement keyboard app on sale in both the Android market and here, and until we recently automated the install, this was our biggest problem.

When you download any keyboard app, it kind of disappears into the phone. First you have to go into settings, Local and text and click on your new keyboard to tell Android that you want to make it available to use.

Then you have to open up any programme that has a text input field, such as your text messages. Touch and hold the empty text box for about two seconds and up will pop a menu showing available keyboards and just pick your new one and select it as your new default keyboard.

Restart the text programme and you should now see the new keyboard.

By the way, my app is called Crocodile Keyboard and now has an almost automatic install.