Update ever happening for verizon samsung galaxy phones?

• Replies:4
Amy G
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 3:21:49 PM via App

Is there ever going to be an update for the samsung galaxy phone from verizon? I'm talking specifically the galaxy S i500 phones from 2.1 to the update of 2.2

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 13, 2010, 2:59:14 PM via Website

Yes, there is supposed to be an update soon for the Galaxy S Fascinate. The update has to be approved by Verizon before it can be sent out. The i500 is a small variant of the international Galaxy S phone, which is already receiving the 2.2 update. When a carrier sells a handset which is customized by them with their own apps and software, the update always takes longer to get out, as the carriers stop the update so they can install their own apps on your phone. No one really knows when exactly it will release, but I do believe that the Samsung Epic in the US (a Galaxy S phone) is getting the update now, so hopefully Verizon won't be far behind.

amit
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 7:49:47 PM via Website

hi,
I am from india. my phone name is Samsung galaxy i500 CDMA unlocked(varizon) one.
i have the kies mini. which I have download from samsung site for i500.
but after installing it is prompting connect the phone through usb.
when i am connecting it, in the phone screen it is coming media player and mass storage.
but not coming the third option samsung kies radio button.
only shown two option. when selecting mass storage the micro sd card is open.

plz tell me what can i do ?
the seller said me, plz update it before you entering the phone no. to it.
after the no. is getting done. u never done the update. it will erase your phone no.
so now i dont have the no. in it.

plz suggest me. it is a UK varizon unlocked samsung galaxy i500 CDMA one.
in its back side it is written galaxy S.

waiting for your reply.

regards,
amit.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 16, 2012, 7:46:43 AM via Website

Samsung is a very disgusting mobile phone makers. they knowingly built limited memory and processor phones and say updates are not available.
A big example of this is the recent news announcement by samsung itself. Most of the Galaxy series phones have limited processors and memory and cannot receive the ICS OS.
Hopefully the ICS was not a big break for the smartphone Industry so samsung got relieved from the previous galaxy users.