upgrading from desire to desire HD ??? opinions

• Replies:5
Gamal hussein
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 27, 2010, 10:34:43 AM via Website

What do you people think about upgrading from desire to desire HD , knowing that the DHD that i will bring has SLCD not LCD???? i need opinions from people who really know the 2 devices

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 27, 2010, 5:12:43 PM via Website

I've had the chance to use both the Desire and Desire HD and each has its strong points. My questions to you are, have you physically tried the Desire HD yet and how happy are you with the Desire's battery life?

Basically, tell me what you are not happy about with the Desire and I'll let you know if the DHD is any better, or even worse.

Gamal hussein

Dec 27, 2010, 5:31:02 PM via Website

I didn't use the desire hd, I want to ask about 3 things in the hd
1- display, is it better!?
2- sound, is it better?
3- battery, does it last longer?

Douglas Carter

Dec 27, 2010, 5:43:36 PM via Website

The display is most certainly larger, and in my opinion the image quality may be somewhat better, but nothing absolutely amazing.

When asking about the sound, do you mean loudness, or more supported audio formats?

The battery in the DHD is smaller than the D by about 200mAh, which is surprising considering that the display on the DHD is bigger, and thus should need more power. When messing around with the phone, I noticed that the battery was running down fairly quickly. I believe that the battery on the DHD will be, or already is, an issue for many, especially considering how hard it is to replace the battery in the Desire HD, and that there is likely no chance to buy a better batter for the DHD in the future.

— modified on Dec 27, 2010, 5:45:03 PM

Gamal hussein

Dec 28, 2010, 3:04:19 PM via Website

So do you recommend me upgrading or no ? from your prespective

Douglas Carter

Dec 28, 2010, 8:10:40 PM via Website

I would not upgrade to the DHD because I love my Nexus S. For me, the 4.3" screen, small battery, and non-stock Android of the DHD make it undesirable :D If you like or are okay with those features, then you will like the phone. It is not a bad phone, my problems are mostly taste and personal preference. There isn't really anything wrong with it.