Android apps for artists/art lovers ?

• Replies:4
masterdevx
  • Forum posts: 41

Dec 29, 2010, 9:29:38 PM via Website

Android apps for artists/art lovers ?

Hi,

Android platform is growing and more and more people are using an android phone or an android tablet. Some painting/art dedicated applications are still in development and sometimes there are no equivalent, compared to iphone/ipad app sets.

What are your experiences on the android platform and what applications, do you use for game/entertainment/education or daily work as an artist or art lover ? :)

Any suggestions to enrich this topic is welcome. Its main objective is to have a panorama of "Art" dedicated apps for the android platform. Thanks in advance for your contributions :)

============================
List of applications with links & descriptions from android market (a google spreadsheet could be edited if useful):

Digital Canvas (paint/painting/editing/sketching/drawing...):
  • Canvas
    "Android's best painting and editing suite!"
  • Magic Doodle
    "The sketching, drawing and painting application with full features for beginners, advanced users and professionals."
  • Magic Marker
    "MagicMarker is a simple touch-paint program for writing and drawing neon-style on a black background."
  • PaintJoy
    "A cute touch-paint app for you and your kids. It has a special "MOVIE" mode to playback your drawing like movie."
  • SketchBook Mobile
    "Autodesk SketchBook® Mobile is a professional-grade paint and drawing application offering a full set of sketching tools and a streamlined and intuitive user interface."
  • Sketcher
    "A fun procedural drawing tool. A port of "Harmony" http://goo.gl/KXJJ"

Exploration / discovery (art galleries/paintings...):
  • QuintessArt
    "QuintessArt is a Museum, an Art Gallery from greatest masters of history."

— modified on Dec 30, 2010, 11:18:33 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 31, 2010, 5:58:45 PM via Website

I do no art on my phone. I leave that up to photoshop on my laptop. although I did use to have a line-rider app, and that included drawing, but not for aesthetic purposes.

masterdevx
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 2, 2011, 5:45:24 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
I do no art on my phone. I leave that up to photoshop on my laptop. although I did use to have a line-rider app, and that included drawing, but not for aesthetic purposes.

With the arrival of tablet computer/superphone (galaxy tab/motorola tab/htc tab...etc), i think these solutions will be of main interests for digital art :-)

Kevin Watchlab
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 12:03:06 AM via Website

WatchLAB Studios, a leading market research firm is conducting paid 1-hour interviews for people who use creative or art applications on their mobile device. These interviews are taking place in San Francisco in the upcoming weeks.

If you reside in the SF/Bay Area and would like to participate, please email recruiter2@watchlab.com with the specific names of all creative/art applications you currently use on your mobile device, as well as the best contact # and time to reach you. We’ll phone you within 24 hours to ask you a few additional qualifying questions.
Thank you for your interest!