tegra tab 10-1 devices

• Replies:7
steef
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 1, 2011, 1:07:15 PM via App

hi all,
I am the happy owner of an tegra tab 10-1. The tegra works fine and is very stable with android 2.2. I still have a few questions as a very new android /tablet user.
does someone knows what is meant with the optional 3g ??.does it mean that i have to buy my own simcard (sounds logical for me) or do i miss some hardware as well? if i misses the hardware where and what kind of module can i use.
i also have sometimes problems to move an application from my "telephone" to my sdcard. is that an android issue or a device issue. this is important issue because i have a 512mb internal storage (and with all the apps :-).
is youtube and all other video not possible because of the still to be delivered flash app?
where can i download the codecs to view avi movies???
it are a lot of questions.

thanks

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 4:18:21 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 3, 2011, 11:55:38 AM via Website

Tegra tab is not the name of the device, so could you fill us in about what the device is?

Optional 3G likely means that there are two versions of the tablet available: one with SIM card support and one with no SIM card support. Without SIM card support, you won't be able to connect to a 3G network, only Wi-Fi/WLAN.

The issue moving apps from the phone to microSD storage rests with the app. The app developer has to include the ability for the app to be saved to the microSD card. If he doesn't include this, it has to stay installed on the phone's internal storage.

Flash is available for any Android device running Android 2.2 (and 2.1 in a few cases). Search in the Android Market for Flash Player. If you find it, you can install it. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of resources, so if your tablet does not have a fast processor, it might not work well.

Take a look at RockPlayer Universal for a good video player: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.redirectin.rockplayer.android.unified/RockPlayer-Universal

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 4:18:50 PM by moderator

steef
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 3, 2011, 9:15:34 PM via App

hi Douglas,
thanks for the response. on the cover of the box it says
point of view
mobii 10,1" tablet.
does this rings a bell??? on the side it gives the info above.

it is not so easy to find good info about the device. they where also not sold in a computer shop but by a normal electronic shop in the netherlands. they sell from irons to lcd tv's.

thanks again.
stefan

KriszSz
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 7:55:23 AM via App

Hi

I own this tablet.
For flash check point of view website faq. www.pointofview-online.com there is a link to downloadable flash 10.1
soon will be a new version regarding to nvidia tegra cpu.
There is no clerance about the 3G module, I hope they will sell it soon. Maybe the usb dongle can work somehow...

By the way this tablet has a very powerfull cpu. Capable to run any upcomming application.
Also there are other clones of this tablet.

SzKrisz

Thomas Williams

Mar 25, 2011, 12:52:28 AM via Website

This week WOOT! offered a Viewsonic G-Tablet for ~$280 and I ordered one. It's only interface options are USB, micro SD, and WiFi. I don't have WiFi setup on my PC, so have been choosing a few of the PIT's free apps and using the download option. I plan to add the apk's to the SD and install it when I have my hands on the G-Tab. Once they are available to the tablet, what is the method of installing them as software? Anyone?
tswill2

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Mar 25, 2011, 2:48:22 AM via Website

I had the GTablet for a while and you can use the "Files" app to find the '.apk' file you download and then just tap it to install.

As a general note, 3G USB dongles won't work on Android tablets because they're not 'plug-and-play'. Unless someone seriously hacks the kernel to recognize them (definitely with limited support for only a few models) it won't happen. I'm assuming the Point-of-View people have it set up software-wise and will deliver their own solution, probably to a dongle of some sort that's custom made.

agusfa

Apr 15, 2011, 3:57:13 PM via Website

Hi Douglas,

I bought tablet viewsonic 10p support both wifi and 3g connection. For wifi connection is work good but for 3g i cant find theway how to setup apn so connection using 3g cant be established. Any suggestion whether i need application to be downloded? I have inserted simcard properly and signal is detected properly.

Thanks