SMS Vibrate Options

• Replies:8
  • Answered
Jeff Meyer
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 3, 2011, 6:33:16 PM via Website

I recently switched from a Blackberry to the new Droid Pro. Are there any apps that will allow me to change my vibrate style? For instance, with my Blackberry i could have my emails vibrate once and my SMS's vibrate twice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 4, 2011, 2:35:59 PM via Website

As Jeremiah said, there are likely some apps on the Android Market that can do it for you. Give noLED a try and let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Jeff Meyer

Jan 7, 2011, 3:07:46 PM via Website

I did find this app... Although I can get it to customize differnt vibrate options, I can't get it to override my phones main vibration tools. My Phone's main vibration tools always override whatever i've download from this app or any other app that i've downloaded.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 7, 2011, 3:27:48 PM via Website

Have you tried playing around with the different settings for the vibrate inside your settings? If that still doesn't work, try contacting the developer and ask what they recommend.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jan 7, 2011, 8:00:19 PM via App

What about if you turn vibrate off on the phone settings? Will the app only vibrate then?

Jeff Meyer

Jan 7, 2011, 9:10:28 PM via Website

that's worth a shot... let me give that a try.

Jeff Meyer

Jan 7, 2011, 9:53:38 PM via Website

Still Nothing... This sucks as i'm on the road or with customers and I want to know if it's a text or an email.

Jeff Meyer

Jan 7, 2011, 11:00:54 PM via Website

I finally found one that work for SMS only though... none the less it works great. You can set it up however you want it to vibrate... awesome app.
The app is called vibrate tools and it's free.