Android beginners, must have apps to start.

• Replies:12
louie zmich
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 11, 2011, 11:40:04 PM via App

I just got my Droid last week and love it! best phone ever, o have the apps like ebay, Facebook, and the common ones but I'm interested in apps that people over look the first time around that are fun and or useful. any suggestions?

Michael B
  • Forum posts: 24

Jan 12, 2011, 4:28:38 AM via App

take a look at Hoccer. I'm also really digging Phone Weaver

— modified on Jan 12, 2011, 4:29:32 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 12, 2011, 2:47:33 PM via Website

what Droid did you get? Droid 2 Global, Droid X, or Droid Pro?

Some of my favorite apps are winamp, facebook, a flashlight app, APNdroid, MapDroyd, Compass, AndroidPIT App Center, Angry Birds, Barcode Scanner, and Swype.

This thread also has some good suggestions: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/394899/Your-Best-App

— modified on Jan 12, 2011, 2:49:37 PM

louie zmich
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 13, 2011, 4:30:39 AM via App

I have the first Droid sooner or later I would like to.upgrade. what droids do you guys have? feel free for everyone to answer this

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 13, 2011, 11:24:16 AM via Website

You might not get a lot of replies in this thread,so I'll tell you how you can find out what phones people have.

In the forums while looking at a user's post, on the left side, there is a small information area about each user who posts. There is a user and a phone tab. If you click on the phone tab, it will show what phone each user has (if they gave us that information.)

I do know that we have people signed up in the forums with Droids, Droid Xs, a Droid Pro, and probably a Droid 2 (regular or Global)

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jan 14, 2011, 8:35:27 PM via App

Hello Louise...

I have the HTC Droid Eris.. it was Verizon's 1st all touch screen Android phone.. and is all-and-all a great phone.. but as time marches on.. it's getting dated. I am one that likes utility apps to get the most out of my phone so I recommend:

-Quick Settings
-Advance Task Killer
-Quick Desk
-App Mate
-XE Currency

And if you want a new Home Launcher:
-LauncherPro

— modified on Jan 14, 2011, 8:40:28 PM

Eddie Fernandez
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 5:09:56 AM via Website

I would recommend Skyfire"

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 17, 2011, 1:14:47 AM via Website

Here's my list of favorite apps:

Shazam (you know the famous app that can tell what song is playing on the radio)

Last.fm (listen to streaming music library of any artist)

TuneIn Radio (listen to any radio station in the world!)

Obviously, you can tell that I have sort of an obsession with music, but here are some other ones I like:

3G Watchdog (in case you have limited data plan)

Bubble Blast (addicting game)

FxCamera (a great camera app with many cool effects)

NYTimes (the online version of the newspaper. You can slide from one article to another with your finger - it's almost like holding an actual newspaper in your hands).

Google Voice (Make cheap international calls with your Google account. I use it a lot! Saves me a lot of money! And the best part is - it doesn't require an internet connection)

Rayne
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 4, 2011, 3:27:02 AM via App

Go launcher, great launcher
Pandora, Internet. Radio
Gtask, task manager n calender
Handcent sms, messaging
Engadget, tech blog
Phandroid, android news