How do you protect your phone?

• Replies:37
louie zmich
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 14, 2011, 4:06:32 AM via App

I protect my phone with a black hard case from one of those mall kiosks and a ghost armor screen shield and I put my phone in a side poutch when I go out. how do u protect your phone?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 14, 2011, 2:36:22 PM via Website

I use a simple cloth pouch for my phone. I tried to cut my own shape for a touchscreen protector, but there was no outline available at the time, and it didn't work well, so I gave up on that.

louie zmich

Jan 15, 2011, 3:34:40 AM via App

his the otter box cases? are the well made?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 17, 2011, 1:38:11 AM via Website

Sadly, I have to admit that I haven't been taking very good care of my HTC Hero. I must admit, however, that the HTC phones seem to be very sturdy especially compared to the iPhone.

What kind of phone do you have? I don't like bulky protectors, but keeping your phone safe is a good idea.

louie zmich

Jan 17, 2011, 6:27:27 AM via App

I have the Motorola Droid, the first one I love it but would like to upgrade someday.

Keefers
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 12:05:33 AM via App

otterbox... ios iphone?. I thought this was about android?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 27, 2011, 1:59:07 AM via Website

Otterbox did start off as an iPhone thing, but if you go to their website you'll see that they now offer durable cases for Android phones as well.

From the looks of it, they have cases for Nexus One, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and Sony Xperia.

cee tee

Jan 27, 2011, 5:01:27 PM via Website

I use a zippered neoprene (lined inside w/ something very soft) pouch by INCASE. It has an inner pocket where I keep a Micro lens cleaner to polish up the phone from time to time. I never keep it in the case at home. If I'm out and about I put it in the case and throw it in my bag, purse, backpack (whatever I'm using that day) to protect my Droid but I usually never zip it up so I can hear it ring. It has worked well since October 2009.

— modified on Jan 27, 2011, 5:09:47 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 27, 2011, 9:15:22 PM via Website

cee tee
I use a zippered neoprene (lined inside w/ something very soft) pouch by INCASE. It has an inner pocket where I keep a Micro lens cleaner to polish up the phone from time to time. I never keep it in the case at home. If I'm out and about I put it in the case and throw it in my bag, purse, backpack (whatever I'm using that day) to protect my Droid but I usually never zip it up so I can hear it ring. It has worked well since October 2009.

I use my case all the time because I usually end up dropping my phone at home more than I do outside.

Stan Jez
  • Forum posts: 51

Apr 23, 2011, 6:41:23 AM via App

I have a samsung galaxy s. I went to ebay and purchased a couple of phone protector cases and screen protector overlays. The items are cheap and often the cost includes postage. I'm very pleased with the quality, appearance, and protection against scratches and accidental drops.

Alexia Keahey
  • Forum posts: 21

Jun 28, 2011, 4:39:48 PM via Website

use silicon pouch

Greg Duke
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 5, 2011, 9:09:05 PM via Website

well my phone is basically unprotected I just use a small plastic cover. But the protecton I give to my phone is that I keep it always safe in my pocket and try not to take it out of there.

Alexia Keahey

Jul 18, 2011, 3:27:28 PM via Website

Greg Duke
well my phone is basically unprotected I just use a small plastic cover. But the protecton I give to my phone is that I keep it always safe in my pocket and try not to take it out of there.
hehehehe :lol: then the best protection is stop using the phone,and it will be saved forever :)

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 27, 2011, 10:47:12 AM via Website

only a screenprotector and a tdwp design skin

— modified on Sep 27, 2011, 10:48:04 AM

wyandavidson

Oct 14, 2011, 3:10:54 PM via Website

Hi guys.

Getting an iPhone is expensive, and we all know that the money that we spend was hard earned. When you purchased something expensive, all you want to do is to take care of it. You want your money not to be wasted. In the tech-world, the easiest repair is not to break your device at all. It is easier said than done. There are some simple ways to protect your phone and you will also avoid spending money on repairs.

Thanks.

Pete
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 14, 2011, 5:38:01 PM via Website

louie zmich
I protect my phone with a black hard case from one of those mall kiosks and a ghost armor screen shield and I put my phone in a side poutch when I go out. how do u protect your phone?

No protection other than caution and an insurance plan.

Elisa Williams

Nov 2, 2011, 2:52:27 PM via Website

Protecting your phone

There are some simple steps you can take to help protect you and your phone:

Lock your GSM phone SIM card. This safety feature minimizes the possibility that the phone is used with another SIM card
To enable PIN (personal identification number) security feature of your mobile phone so it can only be used if the PIN has been entered
Record the 15 digit IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identification) number of GSM mobile phone
The IMEI is located on the back of the phone underneath the battery - which will be taken to protect the back of the phone. On the other hand, if you dial * # 06 # on the keypad, the IMEI code will appear in the phone's screen.
Mobile operators offer insurance plans that help customers in replacing their mobile phone must be damaged or lost. Ask your mobile operator about the options open to you, as an insurance policy. Mobile Phone Insurance is an additional charge will be added to your account. Please review all terms and conditions before signing up mobile phone insurance.
Mobile Phone Safety Tips

Never leave your phone unattended in public or at home
When you're out, be aware of your surroundings and do not use the phone in crowded areas or where you might feel unsafe
Register your IMEI number with your network operator, it may be easier for the network operator to turn off the phone when the report is stolen
Keep your phone locked at all times (if your phone has this feature on the menu)
Consider secure the phone
Read the manual of your mobile phone to check carefully the security features are available and how you can activate these.

— modified on Nov 3, 2011, 9:58:39 AM by moderator

Dave Denever
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 7, 2011, 5:35:00 PM via Website

I used a hand-made pouch as I'm with extended battery. it's quite bulky so I had to ask my gal to make one for me.

Alex M.
  • Forum posts: 36

Dec 29, 2011, 5:17:09 AM via App

Simple screen film and Dr.web antivirus software.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 3:13:40 PM via Website

Plan B also seems to be a good app Lookout Security.

Post number 1000! :grin:

Ken Baker
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 4, 2012, 5:04:36 PM via Website

some little bag made in china, nothing special, but it is lined with some squishy thing, so it protects the screen from minor injuries. It wouldn't protect it from falling or being hit, though...

infamouspete
  • Forum posts: 94

Jun 4, 2012, 7:16:58 PM via Website

mine's screen protector and a leather case

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Jun 24, 2012, 3:53:05 PM via Website

a bright pink hello kitty hard case. LOL

JohnC hapman
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 28, 2012, 12:50:27 PM via Website

HI..

I care my phone alot.. I put my phone in the pouch. Mobile cover and pouch keep my phone safe and secure from dust and external resistence..
basement dehumidifier

— modified on Sep 11, 2012, 10:17:18 AM

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Jun 30, 2012, 2:36:11 PM via Website

I also use ziplock bags when I know it is raining or am bound to get wet :)

omar

Aug 30, 2012, 1:28:59 AM via App

I put my phone in my pocket

stevesmith
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 10, 2012, 2:08:44 PM via Website

louie zmich

Nice session for protecting phones.It will be more helpful to all mobile users.I use plastic pouch to my protect my mobile phone.Most of them are using this.After i saw your opinion i like to use same .Mostly screen only get damage by for that i use screen sheet to that.Let use and protect your phone.
Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Dec 3, 2013, 2:05:21 PM by moderator

kyle ziegelman
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 12, 2012, 7:30:25 PM via App

i don't protect my huwei very well at all unfortunetly. although.its not very well prptected my phone is in amazingly good shape . look past.all the scratches.on the back casing and don't double think that i don't have a screen protector then I'm in business, until i noticed the fiber like scratches on my screen I'm really reconsidering investing on some protection

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 19, 2012, 4:37:58 AM via App

I protect my phone with a pitbull backed up by a pug.

Seriously though, I use an otter box defender for my note. Although sometimes, like today, I use it naked with just a film screen protector.

DaBartonator

Oct 19, 2012, 4:46:03 AM via App

I've used a otterbox on my DROID x for almost two years I've ran over my phone with my 4wheeler and it was fine draped it and only scratch the case, I have a beta razr

Thomas
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 2, 2013, 8:18:47 AM via Website

am using hard case to protect breakage and using a moon protector for my screen to avoid oil patchs on the touch screen and android antiviruse for protectiong from the virus attack and data loos in my mobile

MagicCat
  • Forum posts: 16

Apr 17, 2013, 9:18:02 PM via Website

Just a silicone cover, I don't worry about the screen.

Nil Ho

Feb 18, 2014, 1:39:47 AM via Website

What screen protector you are using to protect your phone?

MrCooper
  • Forum posts: 23

Feb 19, 2014, 3:35:39 AM via Website

I hate to sound cheap but I bought the worst Note 3 folio case on eBay for like $5. It wasn't the worst buy in the world, but I really need to upgrade to something more durable

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Apr 5, 2014, 6:50:27 AM via Website

screen protector + leather fold case

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Genelixis
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 6, 2014, 10:26:25 AM via Website

Screen protectors and bags.
All chinesse from ebay :D