Phone Glitch

• Replies:14
Lucy H.
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 14, 2011, 5:19:22 PM via Website

Now I haven't had this phone for a very long time. I got this in December as my holiday teat cause I don't go out and update me phone every time a new version comes out. I got this one cause it was what I wanted in a phone and for a great price.

Now here's the problem, it shuts off and turns back n every now and then but sometimes to often. It happens even while I have it plugged into the wall. I took it to AT&T but I didn't like there solution. They just told me it happens with this phone and I should get an iphone cause right now its $50.

Now what I want to know is if there is anyone els who has encountered this problem with is phone. I have no plans on changing it but id like to know if its someim going to have to live with or if there's a way to fix this.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 14, 2011, 8:29:57 PM via Website

The fact that the AT&T salesperson told you to just buy an iPhone made me lol.

I would recommend that you download the update for the phone. For one, it may fix the problem you are having with the restarts. The updates will also update your version of Android, which will take it from 1.6 to 2.1. With 2.1, you will be able to install many more apps and games onto your phone. Some app developers only make games for phones that have a specific version of Android and up.

For instance, if a developer makes an app for Android 1.6 handsets (like your's currently), anyone with android 1.6 and newer can run the app. If the developer makes the app for Android 2.1 and up, only people with phones that have Android 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 can run the app.

This wasn't a problem until about ~3-4 months ago, when a lot of developers started making apps only available for 2.1 and above. If I were you, as soon as I have time, I would update your phone with the newest version of Android. It may solve the problem with the restarts, and it will certainly allow you to install better apps on your phone.

Lucy H.

Jan 15, 2011, 12:49:02 AM via Website

lol i will admit i had to try soooooo hard to not look irritated with him lol

Ok so all i have to do is update to 2.1 and hope that fixes it for me ^.^
Sounds like peaches and cream lol

So how exactly do i go about updating the phone.
Im so use to things updating themselves XD

Douglas Carter

Jan 16, 2011, 3:19:36 PM via Website

Go to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. It will tell you if the update is available.

The update may solve the problem with the restarts, but it may not. Also, I encourage you to have the phone's battery at full charge before doing the upgrade.

Lucy H.

Jan 17, 2011, 1:24:14 AM via Website

ok so i tryed having my phone upgrade but
it says i have the latest version.
But i still have 1.6
so this stinks lol
i hope there are other ways i can get the upgrade

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 17, 2011, 1:41:00 AM via Website

Did the upgrade complete? This seems very strange.

Also, I can't believe the people at AT&T would be so unhelpful given the fact that they are also selling Android phones! That's just discriminatory (or incompetent people working there).

Lucy H.

Jan 17, 2011, 3:16:11 AM via Website

it says that i already have the latest software

Yeah i really dont like the people i dealt with at the at&t store
I dont think that they are very educated in the different phones
i think that they pick one that they like and thats all they really know about

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 17, 2011, 8:26:46 AM via Website

It's very strange indeed.

Douglas Carter

Jan 17, 2011, 12:45:24 PM via Website

Do a favor for me. Go into the AndroidPIT app. Hit menu, and then go to settings. Click on show system information and then tell me what it says there for the Android version.

Lucy H.

Jan 19, 2011, 4:45:36 PM via Website

i havent gotten that app yet cause i havent rooted my phone just yet
i wanted to wait a little long before doing it
but i think ima have to try it soon
ima wait a little bit more but as soon as i do that i will most
definitely get that info for ya : )

Douglas Carter

Jan 19, 2011, 6:09:55 PM via Website

Actually, there are two AndroidPIT apps. AndroidPIT App Center is not available on the Android Market due to restrictions on what can be uploaded to the Android Market. The regular AndroidPIT app IS available on the Android Market and you can install it without a problem.

Lucy H.

Jan 19, 2011, 6:29:15 PM via Website

OHHH OK
thats super cool i didnt know that XD thanks XD
says 1.6

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Jan 20, 2011, 5:31:19 PM via App

Lucy, does North American X10's also come with PC Campanion? Most upgrades I've done has been through PC Companion.
The software is also available at S/E's site. Good luck.

Lucy H.

Jan 20, 2011, 5:58:33 PM via Website

I haven't tried mounting my phone to the comp yet
so i dont know but what exactly is pc companion

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Feb 19, 2011, 6:00:51 PM via App

Sorry about my absence. Is there any news about your situation?
PC Companion is a multitool of sorts to install on your PC.
It is on the SD Card that came with my X10, and should offer to install when you connect the X10 with the PC.

While I do not remember the details, you can search for solutions to make your X10 "Generic Nordic" and thus make Android 2.1 available.
Don't worry, all sorts of languages (including US English) are still available.

Best wishes, Niels Christiansen.