x10 update

• Replies:7
flip
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 18, 2011, 2:08:04 AM via App

so my x10 still is running 1.6, when is the update coming for 2.2 or is it at all? thanks!

flip

Jan 18, 2011, 7:29:40 PM via App

well atleast its better than 1.6, is there an eta on it? when I got the phone it was november of last year and I was told the update was going to be in December, so much for that.

— modified on Jan 18, 2011, 7:32:07 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 18, 2011, 9:17:10 PM via Website

Sony Ericsson is the company that has the say in whether or not an update gets made for your device. However, AT&T can still prevent an update coming to your phone if they want to. Yeah, it sucks.

Check out this link to see if your handset is supposed to have already been updated to Android 2.1. The X10 phones start further down. The numbers are "“SI-numbers” – that number can be found on the label of the back of your phone."

If your phone's SI number is not listed, then the update may still be coming for your phone.

If your phone's SI number is there, but you are still on Android 1.6, do a restart, have your phone check for updates, and if you still can't get it to update, then let me know.

flip

Jan 18, 2011, 10:24:03 PM via App

thanks for that link, but unfortunatly my 1237-4604 isn't listed. hopefully it comes soon or else I might seriously think about rooting.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 19, 2011, 1:48:51 PM via Website

Your're not the only one suffering from this problem. We have another AT&T user who has the X10 and is also still on 1.6. It is likely that negotiations with AT&T and Sony Ericsson are going on in regards to the update.

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Jan 20, 2011, 5:27:03 PM via App

It blows. Carriers can keep their greasy corporate mitts off our phones. As far as S/E is concerned, they updated the Xperia series long ago, but in effect it's them that suffers the PR woes because carriers drag their feet.

Niels Christiansen
  • Forum posts: 47

Feb 22, 2011, 11:34:21 AM via App

BTW: You can root your X10 (fairly straightforward) then get access to e.g. Generic Nordic or whatever. No worries, you can still run or install any locale you like. 2.1 on Xperia is nice, but I already look forward to the Arc. :)