Surveillance-App for Archos Tablet 70 IT ??

• Replies:10
Gue Li
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 28, 2011, 7:06:17 PM via Website

Hi all,

since one week I'm running an Archos Tablet (Android 2.2.1) which works really good.
Does anybody know a surveillance application (like 'supervision cam' , 'Go1984' etc. , which are running on Win-XP) which enables motion detection and recording of streams / pictures of two IP-cams under use of such a tablet-pc ( I didn't find any) ?

I already installed 'IP-Cam-Viewer' by Robert Chou which works great without distortions or breakdowns - but unfortunately it's not a real surveillance software like those , mentioned above.

The reason why I would like to use such a tablet-pc as a surveillance station instead of a 'normal PC' is the extreme low power consumption and the non existing harddisk.

May be anybody has got an idea ?

regards and thanks in advance for any hint

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 28, 2011, 7:14:46 PM via Website

So you want to use the tablet as a motion sensor and video camera for surveillance purposes? I've never had that question asked here yet. I'm taking a look around.

Douglas Carter

Jan 28, 2011, 7:22:49 PM via Website

After looking around, I did not find any apps which turn the Android device itself into a surveillance device. It seems that for most people, they don't like the idea of turning their expensive Android device into a surveillance station. Maybe once we see more and cheaper Android devices, this market will start expanding, but for now it seems like no one has considered making an app for it.

Gue Li

Jan 28, 2011, 8:09:38 PM via Website

...thank you for your quick response.

Additionally let me say, I will not use the build-in camera for surveillance purposes, but external IP-cams i.e. BLC 131 . I use this camera as an outdoor-cam (mounted in a self-constructed housing) for observing a garden , an other one for watching the front of a house.
This all works fine with my old Win-XP computer since two years, but needs a lot of electric power (round about 1.5 KW within 24 hours).

Gue Li

Jan 28, 2011, 8:48:00 PM via Website

Good evenig Douglas,

....this features (making pictures/streams available over internet) are already possible with the nice 'ipcamviewer-Lite'-app from Robert Chou !
The version to be paid for a few Euro, seems to offer not much more features.

The thing I need is: recording a stream for a few seconds on the SD-card of my tablet when there is a motion within the field of view of the cameras - as it is done with 'supervision cam' or other surveillance software , unfortunately running on Windows Xp or similar only.

Sorry for my English - may be you speak / write german ? Your profile shows that you are living in 'my' country .

Gue Li

Jan 30, 2011, 1:04:52 PM via Website

Hi Douglas,

thanks for your posts, my theme seems to be very special because I can't find any app alluding this theme.

If you find anything someday, please let me know.

Thanks and by

Douglas Carter

Jan 31, 2011, 7:21:00 PM via Website

I noticed that you posted in a strange section of the forum on the German side and only received one response. Try posting here instead with your question: https://www.nextpit.de/de/android/forum/category/2010/Android-Apps and you might get more responses, but I can't guarantee anything.

tam sam
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 10:16:32 PM via Website

hello. tinycam pro lets u record jmpeg pics on sd card , ftp, or dropbox.. has motion detection on some cams..
or u can download an ftp app like (swiFTP ftp server) runs ur droid as ftp server and set ur ip cam to record a clip on motion to ftp..

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 12, 2012, 11:31:02 PM via Website

tam sam
hello. tinycam pro lets u record jmpeg pics on sd card , ftp, or dropbox.. has motion detection on some cams..
or u can download an ftp app like (swiFTP ftp server) runs ur droid as ftp server and set ur ip cam to record a clip on motion to ftp..

Thanks for that. Never heard of that app before.