How can I market my app?

• Replies:75
Sohan M
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 21, 2014, 6:55:40 AM via Website

Have you tried submitting your app to different app stores? There are a ton of other app stores out there apart from Google Play and Amazon. China has a massive Android market but Google Play is blocked there.
There's a tool by InMobi called AppPublish that allows you to upload your app to all these stores with a single click. Maybe you can try that out. It'll certainly widen your market and get you more downloads.

ps: Do make sure you have some sort of localization when you're submitting to app stores in the far east. Its totally worth the extra effort.

— modified on Jul 25, 2014, 12:02:10 PM by moderator

Good girl
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2014, 10:47:14 AM via Website

If you have other apps you can try house ads if your ad netkow support it.

Peter Buscemi
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 29, 2014, 11:27:05 AM via Website

Go To Market Strategies is a sales and marketing resource center that your app business to achieve big aspirations with limited budgets by delivering app templates.

— modified on Jan 29, 2014, 11:27:56 AM

john walker
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 31, 2014, 7:45:44 AM via Website

Well in addition to free apps, its good to know what the user is looking for. What do they like about your app and what don't they like. Have you surveyed your current users to see what they like or don't like?

vijayvigneshraj
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 15, 2016, 10:49:24 AM via Website

Your mobile app doesn’t have to be just an extension of your website or anot[h][1]er version of your onl[i][2]ne store th[a][3]t would be of interest to only your current customers.

tvisha
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 15, 2016, 11:35:19 AM via Website

Here are the 5 tips:

Blogging on Sites: Be generic and precise, but don't forget to add your link in that blog, ask your friends to reply to that blog eventually it may reach many.

Social Networking: This is very easy and the most influencing way to market. Post your Games, Apps and even blogs (promotional materials) you have created and Videos if any, about your game. But be cautioned do not spam in social media else you may get blocked.

Forum Posting: One of the organic and traditional marketing is forum posting. Post your promotional materials in forums and discussions. Again do not spam in the forum as it may irritate the users and may lead to negative review.

Video Marketing: [Create a video about your App][3] or Game and make a Youtube channel. Promoting this video creates a vision within users and may last long within them.

Review Sites: It is also important for others to review your game. The review sites will be best suiting for reviewing your game, there are both free and paid reviews. Choose paid reviewing if you want the same.

David Smith
  • Forum posts: 32

Mar 7, 2016, 8:34:03 AM via Website

Follow these steps and hope you could get in business.

Paid advertising – display, search, native.
Public relations – to earn press, blog coverage.
Owned media: digital – CRM, email, SMS, social media.
Owned media: physical – brochures, packaging.
Shared media – social media, email, SMS.
Search engine optimization/App store optimization.

El Mehdi Kamar
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 15, 2016, 10:03:09 PM via Website

Interesting topic (nerd)

El Mehdi Kamar
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 15, 2016, 10:03:30 PM via Website

Interesting topic (nerd)

greenbergmethew
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 19, 2016, 2:16:36 PM via Website

It’s not a “secret recipe,” and probably not e[x][1]haustive (but we are doing our best to make it so). Each app is different, and so should the marketing strategy. But it’s a good starting point and gives you options that you can experiment with.

goo.gl/8Ur2QK

Payal Rathore
  • Forum posts: 18

Jun 27, 2016, 1:07:39 PM via Website

Nowadays the best way to promote an app ca n be done through using the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or you can also use Mobile App Advertising Portals Like Ladoooinstalls. They opt for the modern way of mobile app advertising like with the use of Facebook ads & Google ads for the app thus resulted in increasing the popularity of smartphone apps among the intended audience.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 6, 2016, 2:18:27 PM via Website

Greetings

I knock to you strings, since like you, I simply transfer my application to android market couple weeks prior, and needs to take in more how to best market my application under a tight spending plan.

FYI, my application "secQ.me" another versatile security/following application is free and without promotion.

At first I do plan to part "secQ.me" to two rendition, one lite with adv, one premium with more element and without adv. In any case, since I am from Malaysia, I am disallowed to distribute paid premium form to android market, so the "secQ.me" android application is a full premium adaptation..

Then again, I am as of now creating iOS rendition of "secq.me", and in light of the fact that Apple do permits me to distribute paid variant of my application, so I arrange offer a free lite form with adv, and a paid premium adaptation at Apple App store..is this standard? I trust I won't get whines from iPhone client..

I do plan to paid AndroidPIT to audit my application once I discharge second form of my application, I do trust this will get me more download...

Anyplace, good fortunes, all the best to you!

prasanna
  • Forum posts: 39

Oct 12, 2016, 1:20:06 AM via Website

You can make the apps free with ads and ask the users to upgrade it . They can feel relieved and use the app without the ads.

— modified on Oct 12, 2016, 1:21:52 AM

Galactic Gravity
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 13, 2016, 8:26:42 AM via Website

Users will not install unknown paid app. Even if the price is low ($0.99)

Its simple mentality: people think that android apps should be free.

Yes, there are paid apps. But it's very very popular, everybody talk about them.

Methew Bond
  • Forum posts: 88

Oct 14, 2016, 12:31:21 PM via Website

Well i suggest to do marketing for your app on daily basics, marketing app activities like create your app video and include them all thing related to your app, then market that video on social media platforms, and also submit your video on video sharing websites, create a attractive photos and videos for your app, do forum commenting for your app relevant forum, create your app title and app description on play store rules and regulation, create your app page on different different social media platforms..

Venson Stella

Oct 14, 2016, 1:05:12 PM via Website

Paid search and Facebook are my private weapon for marketing

Methew Bond
  • Forum posts: 88

Oct 14, 2016, 1:09:48 PM via Website

Yeah, you day right, now a days app promotion is most important factor for marketing of any type of app, for that social media is best option for promoting your app, and also through that your app is getting popularity. for other strategy like app store optimization, promo-video and promote them, forum posting and commenting are also important factor in marketing of any app.

Zoe Young
  • Forum posts: 26

Dec 9, 2016, 10:38:14 AM via Website

Yeah, absolutely.

It will be better if the app is free.

cristoforos p.
  • Forum posts: 41

Dec 9, 2016, 6:19:29 PM via Website

I think that the free promotion is over. Nowadays you need to make a paid marketing plan and if your app is really outstanding you will have a good chance.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 9, 2017, 8:25:59 AM via Website

Hi, guys!
According to the situation that you have said, you have a quality app but without good business. In fact, there are many methods to promote your app except updating your app and reducing the price, app store optimization(ASO) is a better way to try, I will introduce the methods of ASO at below:

ASO is the abbreviation of app store optimization, which is a process of optimizing your app to make it more visible and discoverable in app stores so that users are more likely to choose it from millions of other apps.

why is the ASO important?

In fact, searching in app store is the main traffic sources, 73% app installs is from searching app in app store. With the other channels of installing app become increasingly weak, app store optimization plays an important part.

the ways of ASO:
(1) icon and title: you must design an appealing and attractive icon and title of your app, and you can add the keywords to title, which can improve the search ranking of your keywords and make your app looks more professional.

(2) description: the description mainly introduces your app, including the function, the goal and the websites, etc. You can also add the keywords in your description.

(3) screenshots: a good app must have the high quality screenshots, which asks you to create appealing and compelling screenshots. Also, you can add some screenshots of reviews and contest about your app, which shows the real information and experience from the users of your app.

(5) ratings and reviews: 4/5 stars ratings and positive reviews are the important references to users. To increase the installs of your app, you can incentivize users to leave feedback. Of course, if you have enough budget, you can buy some ratings and reviews from a reliable reviews service provider.

(6) keywords research:keywords serve as the decisive part of app store optimization. With the limit of characters, finding the appropriate keywords of your app is very important. In this part, you can analyze the keywords of your competitors, creating the relevant, competitive and localized keywords to improve the search ranking of keywords. Indeed, buying keywords search installs is also a good way to help you optimize your keywords if you have enough budget.

Wish these tips will help you!
If you are interested in app store optimization( keywords search installs/ratings and reviews), don't hesitate to contact me.
email:business@reviewapp4u.com

Ritesh Patil
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 9, 2017, 8:31:19 AM via Website

Apps are as effective as their reach. It’s the cold truth of marketing—no matter the quality of your campaign, it’s the delivery that makes it successful. To ensure your mobile app lives up to its ROI potential, it’s import to invest in a well designed mobile marketing strategy, which can lead to hundreds or even thousands of downloads when properly leveraged.

Here’s a comprehensive guide on making an early dent with your mobile marketing plan.
1. Know Your Audience
2. Don’t Overlook Keywords
3. Build an Online Presence
4. Schedule Your Launch
5. Hear Your Customers

With short and clear videos, you can popularize your app on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Vine, and Instagram. The clip may not go viral, but you’re likely to nab some downloads and add a dose of professionalism along the way.

Basit Bhat

Aug 11, 2021, 10:31:10 PM via Website

Hi
I am writing my dissertation on the Impact of Popularity on the Evolution of Mobile Apps Based on User Reviews as part of my Master's degree. Pls help me by filling the form & sharing.

forms.gle/CgEdDHYBAok3bCFh9

Many thanks!

Basit Bhat

Aug 11, 2021, 10:31:46 PM via Website

Hi
I am writing my dissertation on the Impact of Popularity on the Evolution of Mobile Apps Based on User Reviews as part of my Master's degree. Pls help me by filling the form & sharing.

forms.gle/CgEdDHYBAok3bCFh9

Many thanks!

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 23, 2021, 9:07:40 AM via Website

Google has started Application advertising through Adwords, you should try one to market apps, once you have a good number of downloads then definitely have good numbers of reviews with smart ratings. Try one Google Adwords with expert consulting.

thejus34

Aug 24, 2021, 3:16:29 PM via Website

Some of these steps might actually help you- public relations, paid advertising, search engine optimization, etc.

thejus34

Aug 27, 2021, 2:44:31 PM via Website

Blogging on sites, video marketing, review sites are such few tips that you can take into account.