Why do you prefer Android other than iOS, symbian, windows OS, BlackBerry OS? :)

• Replies:10
OnlyFone.com
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 2, 2011, 4:02:52 PM via Website

He guyz,

How you doing? I am very happy to have android OS with me. Are you happy? Why preferred android? :)

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Feb 2, 2011, 8:09:10 PM via Website

I move this to the "Café"...

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Feb 14, 2011, 4:07:40 AM via App

Oh where to begin. The android os in my mind is the worlds best mobile os. The biggest thing for me is customization. The android os is second to none in this category. Widget support, multitasking,open source, live wallpapers, very fast.i don't want to sound corny but in a way android let's the owner of the phone reflect themselves in how they set there phone up. I was blown away when I got my first android phone years ago, and to this day I would never switch to another mobile os. The os for the iphone is a joke. Have you ever noticed how every iphone looks the same? BORING! Android all the way!!! And for the blackberry os hah I don't even really need to sat anything it is clunky and far behind the rest in features and performance.there phones are cheap and use slow components. as for the other os s out there I have little to no hands on time so I cannot comment.

— modified on Feb 14, 2011, 4:12:46 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Feb 14, 2011, 12:26:35 PM via Website

I haven't really used Symbian or the BlackBerry OS. I have used Windows Phone 6.5 and iOS though.

I think personally that iOS is designed to be very simple for users, and that doesn't really appeal to me. Apple has done a lot of things with iOS that reflect well upon its image. They have managed to create and maintain a very smooth and streamlined experience due to their distribution approach (a handful of devices running iOS with similar specs, and not hundreds of devices with very different specs.

Windows Phone 6.5 was okay when I last looked at it, but nothing amazing. There wasn't so much support from developers behind it. Of course, now we have Windows Phone 7, so that changes things significantly. I'll have to get back with you about that once I get my hands on a WP7 phone.

Android in its basic vanilla form, in my opinion, is not for everyone. If you want to have to learn about the OS you are using, then basic Android is for you. There is still a lot of digging through menus that has to be done in Android, and it's not always intuitive regarding how you are supposed to do something. You can see that for yourself in the posts that we get regularly.

Android is fairly good and offers developers many tools to use, but it's not always the easiest to develop for, based on several developers I have heard from. Of course, Android is nice because of the open development nature and the great development community that surrounds it.

I was not a smartphone user before Android, but after using Android for so long, I don't think there will be any going back.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Feb 20, 2011, 5:29:44 AM via App

Where to begin.. first off I second what Ryan said in his post... it's all about customization! No other OS comes close to Android when it comes to making your phone reflect your personally. I have Rooted my HTC Incredible.. changed to a custom Rom.. changed the task-bar icons.. changed the fonts.. changed the keyboard.. added custom icons.. changed the boot screen.. to name just a few of the many tweaks.

Joel L Hnamte
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 5, 2011, 6:53:57 AM via App

i prefer android other than the os for mobile is the easy availibility of any wares and the option for update

Umer Kayani
  • Forum posts: 29

Apr 5, 2011, 6:27:13 PM via App

I used all OS. Symbian s40,s60v3, s60v5 , windows mobile 5 den WM 6 den Wm smartphone 6.5 and now using android 2.1(motorola defy).
The customization is the main thing which inspired me to use android.
Many apps, widgets and so more.

chinmay
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 6, 2011, 6:33:10 AM via App

the main thing abt android is open source. u cn easily get any kinda app having developer f ur choice. nt restricted to any particular 1

second thing is personalization using widgets, live wallpapers, themes etc.

easy updation of app, easy download from market, post reveiws makes android d best

Trent Neuman
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 6, 2011, 7:10:44 PM via Website

Well I have OCD. So I'm hyper and can never sit still. so can you imagine me with a boring old iphone and all of its easy to use dullness.
Now give me and android and its customize city. When I get antsy I can just change my browser. change my launcher. change my theme in the launcher, sms, contacts. You name it. Its basically a new phone every day.
I can root, unroot. try this rom or that rom. Life is just better with an android cuz You get to THINK and be creative with it.
Phew!! Now to to change something. YAY.
P.S did I mention keyboards, wallpapers, live wallpapers, weather apps, clocks..
Ok ok i'm done

MalenaMi
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 11, 2011, 2:00:00 AM via Website

Hi!
I'm using Android and IOS
And happy :)

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 27, 2011, 10:35:03 AM via Website

'cause the "android" looks cool.

No srsly: because im not bound to anything (like itunes with iOS) (iPodTouch). And because symbian sucked. (N97)
Never tried some other OS

Blueberry-phones look ugly in my eyes