Not accepting Google Account code in lockdown

• Replies:16
David M.
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 24, 2011, 7:35:36 PM via Website

Greetings,
I registered myself on Google and other sites and synced my mobile.
So, I can allow auto-sync so my apps etc. sync in background.
But, once I put a security pattern. I did it quickly and forgot it of course. I do not understand how I could be so careless and distracted when putting a pattern and then forgetting it. I must have certainly not paid attention.
Later, I did a couple of wrong patterns and let my friends try it. Because some saw it while I was setting it.
They failed, so was I again and at the end it opened me a menu requesting Google Account verification.

Too many pattern attempts!
Too unlock, sign in with your Google Account

Username (email)
Password

Sign in

At first I wasn't worried because I know my email and pass.
I wrote in the email and password. However, when I choose Sign In option it simply deletes the password and says it has been an invalid username or password.
Strange, I checked my password on PC.
Then I experimented and tried some other known to be wrong combos.
Then, I deleted my @gmail.com part and it worked with the username prefix.
Any password I type in, it does check online.
I wrote in the correct one it was checking with no stopping.
My attempts are futile.
Anyhow I try if it is correct it goes on with checking that never stops. I let it check in for a hole night but in the morning it was still checking.
My internet was open for my number. So, it is not about the usercard inside the phone.
Then I tried with Wireless connections. My phone manages to work on its own when it finds a remembered wireless, then it connects automatically.
But...I disabled Wireless, Bluetooth, GPS and other things that consume a lot of battery because at the moment I needed battery saved as much as it could be.

It really means to me because I have tons of contacts on my phone memory and a lot of apps I really like.
I'd have already have my phone sent to a service, but I am unsure of my own phone's memory preservation...unsure of service's abilities of system usage in order not to delete the hole system (Android 2.1.)
Please help!
Samsung Galaxy 5 :unsure:

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Feb 25, 2011, 1:42:52 PM via Website

So you are still locked out of your phone, but you can access the wireless functions like Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and gps? Why are you turning off the wireless to save the battery? Just plug the phone in. The best way is to have the wi-fi and synce enabled so that the phone can access the network.

David M.

Douglas Carter

Feb 25, 2011, 1:46:57 PM via Website

If you can't get the phone to check and approve the correct email address which is attached to the phone, you have no other choice than doing a reset of the phone and losing all data saved on the phone.

David M.

Feb 25, 2011, 6:21:14 PM via Website

My Wi-Fi was off because my battery was on low power and I needed it...that is why all my additional functions were not functioning. I do not understand why my mobile checks with no stopping. Because, when I do not have an open Wireless connection, my phone does internet on mobile data. Then I lose credits from my network account. But, why is that function failing when checking? :(

Do you think that service can somehow just disable the security?
Because when I choose Emergency Call, when the screen loads, in a part of second I see one of my home pages loaded in background.

Nafayi
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 1:18:45 PM via Website

I've the same problem few day ago when my son try to use my phone without knowing the right pattern to open it. so it locks out and i can't access it and tried just as you've done to no avail. so I use my pc to log on to my google account and chose I've forgotten my password so a e-mail with a link for me to change my password was sent to the e-mail I use when I was setting up my google account. I logon to that account open up the e-mail from google click on the link follow the instructions change my password. Then I use the new password to log on to my google account on my PC it works and I try the new password on my phone and it also works my phone is up and running again. Try this and you should be fine.

David M.

David M.

Feb 27, 2011, 3:22:07 PM via Website

I do not have option for forgotten password. :(
My Android is v2.1 for Galaxy 5...

David M.

Feb 27, 2011, 9:53:16 PM via Website

Didn't get it right, thanks. When I try it, I will inform you.

David M.

Feb 27, 2011, 10:13:13 PM via Website

Still not working...
I went to Gmail, "Can't access", and requested for a link on auxiliary email of mine. I got the link and put my new password of my choice and it works now. But my phone keeps checking forever...again.

Douglas Carter

Feb 28, 2011, 1:21:48 PM via Website

Try this:
I then found out that you need to enter your username in the format: username@googlemail.com and your password. It took me hours to figure it out, but this worked for me.

If that doesn't help, you can do a software reset, as mentioned earlier, or you can make a post at the official Google Android support forums.

David M.

Feb 28, 2011, 1:30:06 PM via Website

David M.

I wrote in the email and password. However, when I choose Sign In option it simply deletes the password and says it has been an invalid username or password.
Strange, I checked my password on PC.
Then I experimented and tried some other known to be wrong combos.
Then, I deleted my @gmail.com part and it worked with the username prefix.
Any password I type in, it does check online.
I wrote in the correct one it was checking with no stopping.

David M.

Feb 28, 2011, 1:30:36 PM via Website

I've already posted my question on the official forum but I got no response.

David M.

Feb 28, 2011, 9:02:47 PM via Website

Yeah...but for no reason.
My email ends with @gmail.com. And when I write in the full email my password gets deleted and needs retyping.

I want to thank you and the others who participated this conversation.
I am going to reset my OS tomorrow with the service.

Govardhan Pathipaka
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 6, 2011, 8:06:05 AM via Website

Hi David before downloading any application you need to register with www.androidpit.com using your gmail.

Then you can easily download any apps.

GovardhanPathipaka
+91-9290808181

bo hebat
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 4:32:32 AM via Website

how to reset phone....and losing all data if that phone ask to enter google account many time
please.....:wacko: