Google Nexus S — Loving my Nexus S

• Replies:2
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Feb 24, 2011, 10:50:38 PM via Website

Since I appear to still be the only person in the forums with a Nexus S, I figured I'll make the first thread here. I just got done installing Android 2.3.3 onto my Nexus S. I ran out of patience for the notification to get pushed to me, so I did it manually thanks to someone who found the file listed on Google's servers.

Squaricon team
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 10:29:42 PM via Website

despite in my profile you will find that I am proud owner of Nexus S - it is not quite a truth. In fact, end of January I've bought that beauty device over the eBay, guys send it to my Zagreb post office and Croatian Commission for Telecommunications (HANFA) find out that this model cannot be imported in Croatia cause it has no European Declaration of conformity!?

Even more, after 15 days in quarantine they've sent device back to USA on my account.

What is funny in this story? My younger son is regularly buying over the ebay Chinese phones 'All Inclusive' that combine two SIM cards and gas lighter, which doesn't require any conformity papers - w/o any such a problems.

Obviously, my country will be one of the exemplary new EU members ever.

To not worry, my Nexus S will come in some other way - that reminds me in my youth when everyone across the Iron Curtain had secret channel to buy pair of denim.
o Tempora, o mores, o developers

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 10, 2011, 10:43:23 PM via Website

I'm pretty sure a variant of the Nexus S will launch soon in Italy. Maybe you can venture over the border and buy one off-contract there?

Edit: Apparently, the Nexus S is about to launch with Vodafone inside Croatia. You can just buy it from there.

— modified on Mar 10, 2011, 10:44:13 PM