Samsung Galaxy Tab — Skype with Camera

• Replies:5
Runtime World
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 11:50:36 PM via Website

Does anybody have a decent solution on how to use Skype with camera? The only approach I know of, is IPCam, which is sort of semi-optimal, also due the low frame rate in order to avoid FC's.
Thanks for any hint.
Also does camera zoom work in Skype?

— modified on Dec 20, 2011, 5:04:02 PM by moderator

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Mar 25, 2011, 2:42:23 AM via Website

I think the Thunderbolt was supposed to have Skype with webcam support but it was pulled last minute due to technical problems. It won't be long until they release it officially, though, and even if your device won't be supported initially, someone will make it work for any device.

So far, I've only used Fring with video and it worked pretty well; though there's no desktop client so it's phone-to-phone only. You can give it a go here: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.fring/FREE-Video-Calls-chat-VoIP

PS. There was a hacked version of Yahoo Messenger that worked with video too, but last I checked it forced you to update to the official version and wouldn't work anymore. Hope that helped.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 10:50:53 AM by moderator

edezean balabat
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 7, 2011, 9:11:50 PM via App

→ hello everybody..

I'm just a month having this so called gt-p1000.
Skype has never been installed in my tab. it's not available in the market as of days.just wonder why! o_O

well.. fring seems to be working perrfectly in my device.
please inform me further for a very good application, I'll be glad if someone suggesting. go Android! !!

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 10:51:22 AM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 7, 2011, 10:30:39 PM via Website

Fring works quite well. Google Voice is the future, but it's only available on the Nexus S. There's also Tango and Qik.

Download one of 'em and let us know how it goes!

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 10:51:38 AM by moderator

edezean balabat
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 8, 2011, 9:15:28 AM via App

thanks steven...hoping soon i`ll be having this skype installed in my tab.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 10:49:45 AM by moderator