03/26/11 cant install apps from market or sd card!!! help!!

• Replies:3
Jomathan G
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 26, 2011, 8:42:29 AM via App

Why cant i install any app from tje market or an app that i downloaded fron the internet and saved on my sd card? Not even the updates can installl.
This all started when i flashed my htc incredible from verizon to cricket. i immediatly noticed that they rooted my phone cuz of the superuser app. So i took advantage of my newly rooted phone and i downloaded two apps for rooted phones(setcpu, and wireless wifi tether).
But a couple of days later i tried updating google maps and the next thing i know when i looked at my phone i saw a message that said installation failed, error-18. ever since ive been getting the same response for almost every app that i try to install.
CAN ANY ONE HELP???!!!SOS

Jomathan G
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 26, 2011, 8:42:59 AM via App

Jomathan G
Why cant i install any app from tje market or an app that i downloaded fron the internet and saved on my sd card? Not even the updates can installl.
This all started when i flashed my htc incredible from verizon to cricket. i immediatly noticed that they rooted my phone cuz of the superuser app. So i took advantage of my newly rooted phone and i downloaded two apps for rooted phones(setcpu, and wireless wifi tether).
But a couple of days later i tried updating google maps and the next thing i know when i looked at my phone i saw a message that said installation failed, error-18. ever since ive been getting the same response for almost every app that i try to install.
CAN ANY ONE HELP???!!!SOS

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 28, 2011, 1:32:25 AM via Website

Did you check to see if "Allow unknown sources" is checked since you changed your rom? Go to settings, applications, and make sure "Allow Unknown Sources" is checked.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 28, 2011, 1:37:10 AM via Website

I found a thread that might help:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android%20Market/thread?tid=7d004179e5574276&hl=en

check out especially how Ryan Yo and RJ McKenzie solved the problem: