New at Android Development!!! Need help!!!

• Replies:6
Artyom Tsaturyan
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 27, 2011, 1:35:39 PM via Website

Hi everyone.
I am new at Android Development. I have downloaded some books but I still need a lot of help. Please if there are any professionals who are willing to help me with any good ideas I will be extremely grateful!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 28, 2011, 1:21:46 AM via Website

What exactly are you having trouble with? Do you have any previous programming experience? Which books do you have, and what type of android development are you wanting to do?

Artyom Tsaturyan

Mar 28, 2011, 2:40:18 PM via Website

I have the books named "Hello, Android" and "Beginning Android 2" I don't have any kind of programming experience. I would like to learn programming of applications and like that. If you help me I will be extremely grateful!
Regards

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 29, 2011, 3:21:50 PM via Website

I can give you some suggestions, but I can't teach you programming. I would suggest maybe taking a beginning programming course at a local technical college. Or if you are not having trouble understanding the books, try some of the examples in them, and try experiementing with them. Theres lots of resources on the web too, mostly it just takes lots of time to learn. Have you looked at the android app inventor: http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/ It may be easier for the beginner to learn to use.

Artyom Tsaturyan

Mar 29, 2011, 3:55:07 PM via Website

Thank you my friend!

Roderick Barnes
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 21, 2011, 5:49:47 AM via Website

Bro,

You are not alone. I have a number of blog posts in the technology section on my site.

http://roderickbarnes.com/blog/category/technology

I hope these help. Drop me a comment if you need more help.

In His grip by His grace,
Roderick

KARTHICK
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 1, 2011, 2:25:17 PM via Website

im new to android,, i was trying to access sms database using contentobserver. the problem i face is that onChance() method was not calling ,,

kindly help me,,
thanx in advance,,,