Problem in my android

• Replies:9
chinmay
  • Forum posts: 20

Mar 28, 2011, 1:12:20 PM via App

Hey frndz im currently using galaxy 5 with android 2.1

Frequently my cel gets automatically restarted while doing my work. Can anybody please help me to sort out this problem.

waiting for the help

chinmay

Mar 28, 2011, 6:21:47 PM via App

particularly while browsing, text messaging, reading docs. smetimes when phone stays idle, that time also

Umer Kayani
  • Forum posts: 29

Mar 28, 2011, 6:46:45 PM via App

hard reset it and then chk may b this will help.

chinmay

Mar 28, 2011, 6:55:48 PM via App

u mean reset factory settings?

Umer Kayani
  • Forum posts: 29

Mar 28, 2011, 9:39:44 PM via App

yea, Ist chk by removing memory card if this solve ur problem then only format memory card otherwise do factory reset. I thnk there is virus in ur cell or memory card .

chinmay

Mar 28, 2011, 10:10:08 PM via App

ok. m using 2 antivirus softwares webroot and dr. web. so i dnt think f any virus. il try d oder thing dat u ve mentioned.

thnx

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 29, 2011, 11:13:08 AM via Website

So have you done the factory reset? If those antiviruses are not detecting anything, that should mean that your microSD card is safe. I would recommend backing up any information that is saved on the phone's internal memory (contacts, apps, other stuff) and then perform a hardware reset.

chinmay

Mar 29, 2011, 11:38:50 AM via App

yup ive done factory reset. bt no use. can u plz tell me how to do hardware reset

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 30, 2011, 8:41:08 PM via Website

Factory reset and hardware reset are the same thing, i think. If you've gone into settings / privacy / factory data reset / and completed the process, that is basically all that a user can do to fix any software problems they are having with their phone.

If that didn't work, bring your phone back to the store you bought it from and ask them if they can send it back to Samsung or exchange it for a working model. Note that if you do exchange or send it in for repairs, remove any personal or sensitive information on the phone before you give it back. For your sake.