How to upgrade android 1.6 to 2.3 ?

• Replies:15
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 11, 2011, 12:25:21 PM via Website

I am not finding to upgrade android 1.6 to 2.3 .

Is there any one knows, how to update android 1.6 into upgrade version ?

Please let me know...

— modified on Apr 11, 2011, 12:50:08 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 11, 2011, 1:46:40 PM via Website

There is no upgrade for the G1 to Gingerbread...

The closest you could get would be to run a custom ROM like Cyanogen, but that is still only Froyo. Also, the G1 can't handle anything higher than froyo minus the flash player that they usually all come with due to hardware issues.

— modified on Jan 17, 2012, 6:25:18 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 11, 2011, 2:16:25 PM via Website

Thank for your answer steven,

I think u mean to say, I can not upgrade my android version..

But i dont understand what do u mean by Cyanogen and Froyo ?

can u explain in simple terms ?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Apr 12, 2011, 5:01:39 AM via Website

Wait a second...Doesn't it say on your profile that you have a SonyEricsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro? It won't be getting 2.3, but there is a 2.1 update available.

FYI Froyo is the Google name for Android 2.2 and Cyanogen is a custom ROM (i.e. an unofficial OS not from Google, but made by developers) that can be downloaded to your photo to look like 2.3.

To get the 2.1 update I would go directly to the SonyEricsson site: http://www.sonyericsson.com/update/?cc=gb&lc=en&pid=xperiax10minipro

AltonDeo
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 6:05:36 PM via Website

Actually there are a couple of android 2.3.5 gingerbread roms for x10 mini and mini pro out there in xda forum that is recently released because finally the bug for the camera running only VGA was finally fixed and that's the only problem why gingerbread custom roms in the past is not fully functional. These roms are specially ported CyanogenMod 7 and custom-built for minis and mini pros only, with overclock feature for better performance and undervolt for battery life plus a ton of other features that you won't find on stock SE firmware. If you're going to ask what's the difference between a stock and a custom rom? Custom roms are custom-built for performance, functionality, stability and power. Stock firmware runs slower on an outdated platform, limited features and functionality and having all those stock apps that you don't usually use and thus eats ram and internal storage that makes the phone run slow, on the other hand custom roms are built to be lightweight having only the apps that are frequently used by an ordinary users, also custom roms are tweaked for performance having tons of features for you to choose from interface, display, cpu performance, external storage management etc.

If you want to flash custom roms on your phone, better read first the guides on how to and specially backup your files before doing anything. Flashing custom roms will void your warranty and if something happened to your phone there's no one to blame if you don't follow the instructions.

Flash player is supported however due to having only a mid-class cpu ARMV6 processor which adobe flash player is not actually supported, playing flash on browser is really laggy so if you want to play flash just resort to flash based browsers like Skyfire or Puffin browser that can play flash smoother and faster on any mid-class cpu.

Check sony ericsson xperia mini and mini pro forum on xda forum for the list of guides, tips, roms and anything about your phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=723

— modified on Jan 17, 2012, 6:25:38 PM by moderator

venetosalbin

Sep 15, 2011, 10:26:22 AM via App

T N P

Please let me know...

Pubudu

Mar 9, 2012, 4:49:29 AM via Website

xperia x10a android 2.3 gingerbread update probleme!!! PLZ HELP ME OUT!!!

Hi i updated my x10 to android 2.3 gingerbread but after ui did it i broke my phone so now when i press te power button blinks green and vibrates butt the lcd display does not show nothing. When i connect with the pc the pc companion regonize the phone and it shows connected to xperia x10. the problem started from when i try to upgrade to android 2.3 gingerbread. the proces finished butt the phone did not power up.only green light and vibration but the lcd is black. i have no idea what is wrong. plz help me out!!!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 13, 2012, 6:18:37 PM via Website

Can you still boot your phone into recovery? Im assuming your rooted?

Paul

May 16, 2012, 6:59:03 PM via Website

when using PC Companion it says error don't worry try again I have been trying for along time . Xperia 10 mini

Rúni Lágabø

May 20, 2012, 12:27:21 PM via Website

Hello. You should try to go to: wotanserver.com. Its a wery good program, to flash youre phone back to original software.....:-)

Kindly: Runi Lagabo

myjohn

Aug 27, 2012, 8:33:29 PM via Website

T N P

Please let me know...

Anilkumar mihan

Sep 12, 2012, 11:17:17 AM via Website

hello,
i need to know that on 2.1 donut i cant run adobe flash player. so i want to change it to froyo or eclair or other which supports flash player..so is it possible or not?/waiting for reply

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Sep 25, 2012, 5:54:00 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing, I am waiting for the update

Rockson Cox

Nov 2, 2012, 10:05:39 AM via Website

T N P

Please let me know...

Oldrich Bauer

Nov 10, 2012, 3:48:37 PM via Website

T N P

Please let me know...

Gayatri Rajguru

Aug 27, 2013, 8:58:10 AM via Website

How do I update my Android 2.3.6 to higher versions of Android???