Traveling Outside The Country!!!

• Replies:9
Janet King
  • Forum posts: 27

Apr 13, 2011, 6:11:43 AM via Website

Hello All,

To any one who can answer this question for me much appreciate any response, Im traveling to Panama and I want to to know if I use any of my APP. on my HTC Desire Z will thier be a roaming charge by my mobility provider.

Thank You.

Janet

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 13, 2011, 6:54:16 AM via Website

You would have to call your carrier to ask them this. If there is a roaming fee, you can download an app that will let you control your internet and roaming usage. Search the market for something like this: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.southfreo&feature=search_result

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Apr 13, 2011, 7:02:34 AM via Website

Depends on your cell phone service provider. Who are you using? In any case, roaming is usually very expensive, so I would try and stick to just using Wi-Fi.

Janet King

Apr 13, 2011, 7:16:05 AM via Website

Ok, thanks I'm sure you are right i use roaming a long time a go on my old phone and I freak out on my provider who is Bell Canada.
Charge I did not have wi-fi at the time, so know I do....and where Im going has internet so all I have to is turn on wi-fi
Hot spot correct!!

Thanks for your reply
Janet

Janet King

Apr 13, 2011, 7:29:43 AM via Website

Thank You Jeremiah

I download the APP you gave me just in case, but I beleive Im going to only try to stick with wi-fi only try not to get my self in any roaming charge, but good APP to have

Thanks again, for your in put!!

theinternetlies
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 13, 2011, 7:58:16 AM via Website

Hey this is unrelated, but I thought I might get a quick answer since this thread is new.

FML

I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a thread in a forum? Any help... please.

Jeremiah

Apr 13, 2011, 8:33:56 AM via Website

cal grand
Hey this is unrelated, but I thought I might get a quick answer since this thread is new.

FML

I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a thread in a forum? Any help... please.

If your on the AndroidPit website. Click the Forum tab at the top of the page. Select which section of the forums you want to make a thread in. Then click the blue "Post New Thread" button at the top of the page in that section.

If your on the androidPit App Center app: Click the forum tab. Under Categories Select which section you want to post a thread, such as Cafe Android Pit or Meet & Greet.. Once your in the section you want click the blue button that says "Post New Thread".

Jeremiah

Apr 13, 2011, 8:39:13 AM via Website

Janet King
Thank You Jeremiah

I download the APP you gave me just in case, but I beleive Im going to only try to stick with wi-fi only try not to get my self in any roaming charge, but good APP to have

Thanks again, for your in put!!

Your welcome ;) WiFi will be you best bet then.

If you don't want to use an app to turn off roaming, make sure you do it yourself when you are in Panama. Not sure if it's the same on your phone, but on my android, I press menu, settings, Wireless & Networks, and Un-Check Mobile Networks, to turn off the data on my phone. I also have the option to turn off data roaming, if I want to leave the internet on, but not when roaming.

— modified on Apr 13, 2011, 8:39:46 AM

theinternetlies
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 13, 2011, 9:29:35 AM via Website

thanks that worked.. I wasn't going far enough into the forum....

Janet King

Apr 13, 2011, 1:11:35 PM via Website

Hi Jeremiah

Cool....I will make sure keep a note of your info. On what to do with my phone when I go to panama

Once again, Thanks-_--_-