Text messaging - getting downloaded photo's

• Replies:7
theinternetlies
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 13, 2011, 9:28:37 AM via Website

I am able to download the photos which are mms 'd to me, but I do not see them display in the message thread when the download is complete, nor do I see the photo stored anywhere on my phone. I have looked in my download and downloads folders and they are not there? I am not sure whats up.... maybe you know? this is annoying - one would think it would just work without having to make adjustments. hopefully.

I was looking in the mms settings and my text message centre # is different from my phone number - not sure if this has anything to do with the problem or not.

I also checked out the maximum message size setting and this option in my settings doesn't even exist on my phone (that I can see).

Some help would be greatly appreciated as I am missing multiple photo's people are sending me. Some are relatively important.

Thanks

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 13, 2011, 10:17:29 AM via Website

What kind of plan do you have? It's possible that the plan does not include data and that's why your phone is not accepting the pictures.

It's also possible that, if you have a T-Mobile device, picture messaging is only available if your phone is 3G capable.

If I were you, I would tell friends to email pics instead and then wait until you're in a wireless hotspot to download them to your phone. That would be cheaper than upgrading to a data plan.

theinternetlies

Apr 13, 2011, 10:22:23 AM via Website

Well I live in Canada and I'm on a telus network and I can send images. I am generally on a wifi network and usually use this instead of the roaming crap. I tried setting the phone to roam to receive images.. and also to the wifi and either way I am not receiving the images.

I guess I should just call the provider and see whats up -

theinternetlies

Apr 13, 2011, 10:22:45 AM via Website

Oh, and thanks!

theinternetlies

Apr 13, 2011, 10:31:05 AM via Website

also, seems weird that I would be able to send images... and not receive.. also.. that when sent an image - I see the download icon - I click on it... it says downloading - then poof - there's no image when it has completed downloading.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 13, 2011, 10:41:40 AM via Website

Yeah, that is totally weird that you can send but not receive...although I vaguely remember having a phone once that had the same problem, and it was because I wasn't on a fancy data plan. Give the carrier a call and see what's up. :)

theinternetlies

Apr 13, 2011, 10:45:07 AM via Website

Ok, cool, I'll do so. Also, images would/should automatically resolve to the camera folder right?